Indy Tower (1 Viewer)

StarLink
High Speed Internet
Available AnyWhere On Earth
Now $349

On the Fox broadcast this weekend they showed renderings of the new tower and layout, it looks pretty cool. They said it would be ready before the 2025 US Nationals.
Would be nice if someone could post a screen grab of that.

Here are the renderings they showed on the qualifying show.

Attachments

• IMG_6075.jpeg
    IMG_6075.jpeg
    3.7 MB · Views: 291
  • IMG_6076.jpeg
    IMG_6076.jpeg
    3.7 MB · Views: 290
  • IMG_6077.jpeg
    IMG_6077.jpeg
    3.4 MB · Views: 288
Here are the renderings they showed on the qualifying show.
Cool. I like two things about this. First, I like the little seating area that is cantilevered on the front of the tower. Next, I like that Steve Torrance’s Top Fueler will no longer have a rear wing. AI for sure, but it’s cool nonetheless.

hmmm. simple. reminds a lot of gainesville. if that is a large electronic message center under the arch, should it be closer to starting line?

Hmmm, looks okay, wondering about the crossover, the arch area doesn't look like it would be used for that

I'm guessing that the arch pictured is over at the new entrance off the new road they built last year. The road is a direct access the Ronald Reagan Parkway.

I'm guessing that the arch pictured is over at the new entrance off the new road they built last year. The road is a direct access the Ronald Reagan Parkway.

There's also an arch when you cross over into Indiana on I-70 from Ohio. Wonder if that is the same on other areas when you cross the state line?

this all looks awesome. atlanta money and then some. what a transformation, this place will be busy. should host (2) nat. events.
5 nat. events at company owned facilities.

hmmm. simple. reminds a lot of gainesville. if that is a large electronic message center under the arch, should it be closer to starting line?
was looking at this wrong. this new 'arch' with horizontal message center, is the new/revised entrance on west side. the existing arch behind starting line appears
to be in same place, but do not see stairs to cross side to side. wonder if there is a plan for a tunnel somewhere behind starting line? or stairs just aren't shown in rendering?

Last edited:
The totally bizzare part to me, is moving the Pro pits to the west side. The terrain over there (at this time) is seriously irregular, and since pros have big rigs, multi-cars, hospitality centers, etc., it seems a bit impractical. Moving mega amounts of earth to level it out would be a substantial expense that could go elsewhere.

The totally bizzare part to me, is moving the Pro pits to the west side. The terrain over there (at this time) is seriously irregular, and since pros have big rigs, multi-cars, hospitality centers, etc., it seems a bit impractical. Moving mega amounts of earth to level it out would be a substantial expense that could go elsewhere.
I hope all this effort doesn't go to waste when the residential developments move closer. The developments are quite close now. I have ran in to numerous people in Brownsburg (at the checkout registers in retail establishments) that have nothing to say positive about the drag races.
I'm sure with all these changes IRP will be quite the showcase.

Works for me though. My seats and parking are on the west side so I won't have to cross to the other side between rounds.

The totally bizarre part to me, is moving the Pro pits to the west side. The terrain over there (at this time) is seriously irregular, and since pros have big rigs, multi-cars, hospitality centers, etc., it seems a bit impractical. Moving mega amounts of earth to level it out would be a substantial expense that could go elsewhere.
I remember back in the "old days" where funny car & pro stock pits were on the Westside.

From looking at this rendition. The changes should get most of the racers out of the mud. That place sucks when it rains. I don't think that is possible on the Eastside because of the circle track.

As a fan, I will miss being able to see the nitro cars tow back up the return road, but I guess it doesn't matter anyways, most of the drivers just sit in the tow vehicle with the window up like a bunch of mopes.

IMG_4087.jpg

As a fan, I will miss being able to see the nitro cars tow back up the return road, but I guess it doesn't matter anyways, most of the drivers just sit in the tow vehicle with the window up like a bunch of mopes.

You misspelled "cooling off in the AC because they have been baking in a -20 firesuit for an hour"...

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back