Important - read if you have a cell phone. (1 Viewer)

HEMI6point1

Nitro Member
REMINDER ....11 days from today, all cell phone numbers are being released to telemarketing companies and you will start to receive sale calls.

....YOU WILL BE CHARGED FOR THESE CALLS

To prevent this, call the following number from your cell phone: 888-382-1222 .
It is the National DO NOT CALL list. It will only take a minute of your time.
It blocks your number for five (5) years.

You must call from the cell phone number you are wanting to have blocked .
You cannot call from a different ph one number.

HELP OTHERS BY PASSING THIS ON TO ALL YOUR FRIENDS
OR GO TO: www.donotcall.gov

REMINDER ....11 days from today, all cell phone numbers are being released to telemarketing companies and you will start to receive sale calls.

....YOU WILL BE CHARGED FOR THESE CALLS

To prevent this, call the following number from your cell phone: 888-382-1222 .
It is the National DO NOT CALL list. It will only take a minute of your time.
It blocks your number for five (5) years.

You must call from the cell phone number you are wanting to have blocked .
You cannot call from a different ph one number.

HELP OTHERS BY PASSING THIS ON TO ALL YOUR FRIENDS
OR GO TO: www.donotcall.gov

Reference the FAQ from the URL you provided for more details that this is not true (see #10):

Q&A: The National Do Not Call Registry

This does get around a lot.

Shoot, I found this on another (non-racing) board I post on and thought it was true. I guess the OP was just yanking all our chains. Silly me.

Sorry about that.

No biggie, Sam.

I would bookmark the snopes.com site..there's lots of shit floating around out there..and unfortunately..it seems that 79% of it is untrue.:D Snopes does the research for ya.

Shoot, I found this on another (non-racing) board I post on and thought it was true. I guess the OP was just yanking all our chains. Silly me.

Sorry about that.

I think you'll find that at least 75% of the stuff that gets circulated is not true, or a distortion of the truth.

Urban Legends Reference Pages is another site that you can check before sending/posting things. just key in some key words in the search box in the upper right corner. Sometimes you have to try a few words or a name.

It's a good habit to go back to whomever/wherever you got the hoax from and provide them with a link .... hopefully people will check stuff out before passing along on the internet.

Last edited:
It's a good habit to go back to whomever/wherever you got the hoax from and provide them with a link .... hopefully people will check stuff out before passing along on the internet.
Even better, I've found that after I've sent links to the "passers of stuff" that debunks their "vital news or information" a few times, they quit passing this junk along to me because they'd rather buy into all this stuff, and I keep raining on their parade. It's a win/win. I don't have to read that nonsense any more, and they can still go on passing along their "National Enquirer Of The Internet" stuff to people who actually give a rip.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back