IHRA's TV Ratings up 27%? (1 Viewer)

Did notice that they seem to be on at better times than NHRA.

Yeah, two weeks late. I know here in the western suburbs of Chicago you have to pay extra for the Speed channel. Every place I have ever lived prior to this, Speed was a part of basic cable. Here, Speed isn't even a part of the basic digital cable. I pay an extra $5 per month just for Speed (the other channels it comes with I don't watch and it's only on my HD boxes). I guess this is how Comcast gets $160 a month out of me. I am done with my rant now.

Yeah, two weeks late. I know here in the western suburbs of Chicago you have to pay extra for the Speed channel. Every place I have ever lived prior to this, Speed was a part of basic cable. Here, Speed isn't even a part of the basic digital cable. I pay an extra $5 per month just for Speed (the other channels it comes with I don't watch and it's only on my HD boxes). I guess this is how Comcast gets $160 a month out of me. I am done with my rant now.

Paul,
Here in the South, the NASCAR network... excuse me Speed channel, is for sure part of the family package... I watch F1, Sport Cars, and WindTunnel (if the Drags aren't on at the same time)... to find out when IHRA is on, I'd have to get the local paper, and to heck if I'm gonna subscribe to the Virginia Beach Pravda... I mean Pilot. I have stumbled across IHRA a couple of times and have watched several Clay Millican benefits. Now the PRO Mod coverage is awesome :)

On my Time Warner Cable here in Norwalk, SPEED Channel is part of the digital tier, and not basic cable. I think that if SPEED were on basic cable everywhere, then we'd be doing even better, and having a larger audience to reach in general. The addition of Nitro FC, the turnaround time, and schedule are all fueling this increase. Also, SPEED has the built in fanbase of car nuts. The shows are getting better too, in my opinion.

On my Time Warner Cable here in Norwalk, SPEED Channel is part of the digital tier, and not basic cable. I think that if SPEED were on basic cable everywhere, then we'd be doing even better, and having a larger audience to reach in general. The addition of Nitro FC, the turnaround time, and schedule are all fueling this increase. Also, SPEED has the built in fanbase of car nuts. The shows are getting better too, in my opinion.

All that and considering what good things are coming for IHRA and some of the silliness over at NHRA I can only see continued amazing growth for the IHRA. Damn I hope I am right as I was always treated so well at IHRA races.
jim

Well, IHRA's TV ratings are up but I have nothing to do with that. For some reason I seem to have missed EVERY SINGLE telecast this year. I missed my home race because I was in Seattle, and all the rest of them I've been busy. 3 pm on a Saturday afternoon may work for some guys, but it's too late in the day - hard to slough off Saturday chores to catch a mid-day race. I seem to remember them being on earlier last year - it was much easier to watch them in the mornings...

With TV schedules, beauty may be in the eye of the beholder.

We lived in California for several years and at first I found NFL game kickoffs at 10AM on a Sunday to be really strange for someone who had always lived in the Central or Eastern time zones.

After a while I began enjoying the fact the game was over at 1 PM and I still had the rest of the day for myself or to spend with the family.

With TV schedules, beauty may be in the eye of the beholder.

We lived in California for several years and at first I found NFL game kickoffs at 10AM on a Sunday to be really strange for someone who had always lived in the Central or Eastern time zones.

After a while I began enjoying the fact the game was over at 1 PM and I still had the rest of the day for myself or to spend with the family.

I hear ya, Wayne. I've wasted too many Sunday afternoons watching Browns games. I always look forward to Sunday or Monday night games, or races.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back