IHRA now owns as many tracks as NHRA (1 Viewer)

:cool:They are buying quality tracks too, It will be interesting to see where they take IHRA, you can bet NHRA watching them real close.

The IHRA seems to be on move and expanding and I am wondering just what they are doing that is so different from what the NHRA is doing.
Running a "For Profit" company that sees the value in improving their inventory and product to increase their profit margin and market share; unlike a company that is "Not For Profit", that maybe can't show certain growth and gain for fear of losing the comfort their business model has provided them?

Wonder if HPT is in their sights, they're on the move to compete with NHRA Just hope they don't get in so deep that the financial wows kill them

sure they do.. that's why they dumped TA/FC and Pro Mod several years ago..

And why they dumped AA/FA's after this season and make the Mountain Motor Pro Stock guys pay to play.

I do think with IHRA being sold to IRG and IRG subsequently snapping up several tracks that things are going to change over at IHRA, will be interesting to see what the change will be.

They would now own MORE tracks than the NHRA....and Rockingham is back to NHRA sanctioning in 2015. I haven't been to Palm Beach or Memphis, but I have been to the rest. I think it's a good move. The two sanctions are different in many ways but the same in many ways too. I think it will be interesting to see what happens down the road.

I think having both the IHRA and the NHRA would be great for competition between them.

It's never a good thing just to have one group or the other dictating the way things are going to be.

Many drag racers only race at their own local tracks so in most cases it simply depends which sanctioning body is running the show at your own local track.

Jim Hill

http://www.nostalgicracingdecals.com

I wounder what NHRA will pull so that some of the Pros can't cross over and run some events.
What?? What Pros would cross over? IHRA TF is invite only and doesn't pay well. IHRA Only has Nostalgia FC. IHRA does not have Bikes, TAD, or TAFC. And what PS racer would build a mountain motor car
I wounder what NHRA will pull so that some of the Pros can't cross over and run some events.
What ?? How could NHRA Pros crossover, who would cross over, and why ...
  • TF is invitational only show (Low payout-Chicago style BS))
  • FC is only Nostalgia. Can only think of 2 or 3 big show racers with access to a NFC
  • No Bikes, TAD, TAFC, or PM
  • NHRA PS racers aren't going to build mountain motor cars to pay to race.
As usual, another unreasonable shot at NHRA without any foundation of thought :mad:

As usual, another unreasonable shot at NHRA without any foundation of thought :mad:

You think IHRA is going to stay with the same format they currently have?
I dought that, with buying some very nice race facility's. I see some changes coming in the future.
Who is to say any of the IHRA tracks can't invite any Big Show teams to an event?

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back