IHRA drops sanction of Milan & San Antonio (1 Viewer)

I dont know about Milan but the SA one isint a shock to anyone around here. The IHRA and SA are locked up in a legal battle.

I'm stunned they dropped Milan. I thought the losing the national event was just temporary with the economy, especially in Michigan here. Didn't think that they would lose sanctioning too.

No real shocker... on either one....

guess the issues from last years National wasn't resolved...... but.... who knows... everyone says Milan is a great place to go... shame for them....

Billy

Last edited:
I always enjoyed going to Milan(partially because it's only 3 hours from the house) but and I think the Michigan guys will agree, Milan is a dump compared to Martin.

Yes...Martin is a super nice facility....but man...I've always loved going to Milan. We considered it our "home" IHRA track....especially when we wanted to do some early season testing. (only 2 hrs straight up the highway)

Those folks there...ALWAYS treated us great.

This has to be a real recent thing...as on the Milan message board Chris Baxter had just posted the IHRA SSS would be back again in 2009....like late Feb.

Guess we'll just have to wait to see what really happened. :(

:confused:

Wow, too bad. Milan was closest place for me to get a fix. I guess this means more trips to Norwalk. Might have to break down & get a passport so I can get back to Grand Bend more often too. That's only about an hour drive, but the border crap sucks.

I dont know about Milan but the SA one isint a shock to anyone around here. The IHRA and SA are locked up in a legal battle.

I was wondering why SA didn't have an event this year. Was there an issue with the track surface or are they bickering about money?

:mad::mad:San antonio had some real nice folks working there last year for the Nationals, matter of fact we won the Nitro Funny Car. But as far as management Todd Zampeze is a joke. That guy should be running a go-cart track in Nome. We weren't treated real well by that jerk...Milan on the other hand is a great place, sad to see that deal

:mad::mad:San antonio had some real nice folks working there last year for the Nationals, matter of fact we won the Nitro Funny Car. But as far as management Todd Zampeze is a joke. That guy should be running a go-cart track in Nome. We weren't treated real well by that jerk...Milan on the other hand is a great place, sad to see that deal

Todd is a first rate a hole. No doubt about it. The only problem now is he has leased the track to a guy named Freddy Cruz who runs the Clash of Titans series. I dont know the guy, but from everything I was told this weekend it probably would have been better if Todd still ran it. We will see. Hopefully everything is ok.

Now that the track is NHRA, what sort of events will happen there? Will the new 1,000' allow the pro classes to run here?

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back