If they dont get in another session (1 Viewer)

Joker

Nitro Member
If they dont get in but one session, we could have some nice first round matchups.

Force vs Hight
Ashley Force vs Capps
Jeggie vs GA
Rockstar vs Monster
Dougie K vs Bernstein

The reseeding process could change some of the apparent matchups - top ten are guaranteed a starting spot, bumping out lowest-qualified non-top-ten drivers.

The reseeding process could change some of the apparent matchups - top ten are guaranteed a starting spot, bumping out lowest-qualified non-top-ten drivers.

Top 10 or top 8?

makes a difference if it's Tim, Teach and Jerry don't get to play if Ten, or

Papa John, Tim, And Jerry if Top 8 in points...

After All, Everything NHRA is doing and saying is off base 8, not ten this season:confused:

The top 10 was per agreement between PRO and NHRA. Since PRO was not consulted when the top 8 deal was announced, I doubt the agreement was modified. Besides, that would be unfair to those with a good shot at making the top 8. Hopefully, we won't have to find out.

Gee.... And all this time people have been saying no Provisionals... everyone's had a shot at the track... strange... 19 is wildthing, 18- cruzzer, 17-head, 16-papa john, 14-tony P... that's 5 of the top 10

yet; 18th thru 11th in points all ran at least .06 better...

yepper, no provisionals:rolleyes: why don't we just qualify for 11th tru 16th every race???? Add even more NASCAR to the 'Championship' chase????

If they do not get another session in the following will occur.

Top Fuel

Bumped Out- Lucas
Put In- Grubnic

Funny Car
Bumped Out- Toliver, Wilkerson, and Densham
Put In- Scelzi, Cruz, and Head

Pro Stock- No Changes from round 1 order.

If they incert cars into the filed than Tony P and Force, would get bumped up to 12th and 13th meaning Force would run Tony Bartone in round 1.

Last edited:
Would not the Provisional cars be put at the back of the field; IE, 14,15, and 16 in flopper and grubby as the sixteenth car in TF...

Wildthing 14th
Head 15th
Cruzzer 16th

They just called it 8.38 PM

I'm not sure if they will seed the bottom 3 cars based on points or the time they ran in qualifying, either way they will be in the 14th, 15th, and 16th positions.

When did we go to this provisional crap? I have never seen it before. I thought if they get a complete session in then thats the order.

And it sucks! As much as I like Dave Grubnic, Iffen I were emperor, if you don't make on on E.T., you're not in!!

:mad::mad:

I think they went to this silly top 10 thing because of a Seattle race a few years back. It bit V in the ass once.

D

This sucks. It's been hard enough for Morgan without NHRA moving him out of the field. In drag racing, you qualify. If you don't go quick enough to make the field....tough! Damn, I wish those bean counters would stop screwing around with the sport.

It will be interesting to see what happens if/when they get rained out tomorrow. If they come back the week after Sonoma, I would think they'd give everybody two more qualifying sessions on Saturday and race on Sunday.

It will be interesting to see what happens if/when they get rained out tomorrow. If they come back the week after Sonoma, I would think they'd give everybody two more qualifying sessions on Saturday and race on Sunday.

I was wondering how that would work if they get rained out tomorrow.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back