Iceman (1 Viewer)

LOL... there have been other threads about this in the past and I can't take credit for somebody else's work. But, somebody once called him a monkey on meth ! It stuck with me and that's what we all call him around here.

Mike...that made me laugh almost as hard as watching "The Office."

I've had two personal run-ins with "Meth Monkey" on the starting line IN SUPER COMP! He got all bent out of shape over absolutely nothing. The words that came out of his mouth on both occasions were far from professional. Had Buster (or someone with his demeanor) been at the helm I would have gotten a shrewd smile and a finger waved at me and I would have known what I did wrong. But instead all I can recall was this grown man literally screaming at me in a forgeign language laced with obscenities.

For the record the first incident involved a trans brake button failing and I took a few seconds (29 to be exact according to the video) to figure out a game-plan...won the round nonetheless (foot braking and with no throttle stop, thank you). Second involed a JF-style burnout on a new pair of Hoosiers...I went about 24 inches too far under power and he went nuts. I made the time trial anyway.

I've had two personal run-ins with "Meth Monkey" on the starting line IN SUPER COMP! He got all bent out of shape over absolutely nothing. The words that came out of his mouth on both occasions were far from professional.

Ditto. Once during S/C my transbrake switch failed too. I rolled thru the lights and was red lighted. Now I don't have a problem with being redlighted. That's the rules. But while I was sitting there in total shock trying to figure out why the brake didn't hold and the other guy was motoring on down the track he came over and yelled at me to (and I quote) " Get this piece of shit out of here" might have sat there a total of 5-6 seconds because the other guy hadn't even hit the finish line yet.
Nice, real nice huh ?

Ditto. Once during S/C my transbrake switch failed too. I rolled thru the lights and was red lighted. Now I don't have a problem with being redlighted. That's the rules. But while I was sitting there in total shock trying to figure out why the brake didn't hold and the other guy was motoring on down the track he came over and yelled at me to (and I quote) " Get this piece of shit out of here" might have sat there a total of 5-6 seconds because the other guy hadn't even hit the finish line yet.
Nice, real nice huh ?

Well he is still at the starting line and always will be.

Regarding burndowns, I watch a drag race to do just that...watch a drag race, not 2 drivers sitting in pre-stage trying to "psych" each other out. If you want to play games there is always the stick and ball sports. But when you come up to the starting line you should be ready to show the world that you can beat the other guy, not try to prove that you have more fuel in your tank than the other guy.

Regarding the Iceman's conduct described in the above posts, has anyone reported his conduct to the NHRA management? If he is acting unprofessionally then that should be brought to someone's attention. I, for one, would not put up with some of the comments mentioned in other posts. And I would definitely report such conduct. Professionalism must always be at the top of our lists if we are to keep our sport growing and big sponsors involved.

Regarding the Iceman's conduct described in the above posts, has anyone reported his conduct to the NHRA management? If he is acting unprofessionally then that should be brought to someone's attention. I, for one, would not put up with some of the comments mentioned in other posts. And I would definitely report such conduct. Professionalism must always be at the top of our lists if we are to keep our sport growing and big sponsors involved.

Go back and read again. These are simply opinions. Besides, what good would reporting Rick's conduct to NHRA do? It would be like reporting overpayment of the top brass or mandating the re-instatement of Pro Stock Trucks. It would be just one more thing that will fall on totally deaf ears.

Now, sit back and enjoy the lively debate about the Iceman. LOL

I'm betting Buster wouldn't have allowed the Army car to run, even if he had to jump in front of the car, or even sit on the damn thing, to get Tony's "attention"!

Buster DID straddle a T/F car back in the late 70's, I believe. I just can't place the incident. And yes, Buster would have done the same thing to Shoe, no doubt in my mind! Damn memory.....I should've listened to all the warnings!!

Late......Mitch (patiently waiting for the activities to begin 2.5hrs north of my location)

I went to the tower over the trans brake incident in Memphis. Even offered to show the powers that be (i.e., NHRA higher-ups) the video. I was offered nothing more than a pair of rolling eyes and a "we'll take care of it" kind of statement. Fantastic customer service, huh?

Funny...later on that same year I took an obscenity-ridden tongue lashing from and NHRA division director over a parking spot...on Saturday afternoon! I came in on Thursday and parked next to my travel buddy that raced Super Gas. I was running a "new" class called Top Dragster. Seems a Comp racer decided to show up in time for the last qualifying session since the field was short. Apparently I was parked in his spot. :rolleyes: The track owner told me to stay put and he would get the Comp racer parked where he belonged (out in the stick since he didn't have the courtesy to bring his huge rig in on Thrusday or Friday). The division director went ape-feces and spewed out every know English profanity at me and my dad and told us we'd just bought an expensive parking spot to watch the races because he was "going to the tower to pull my tech card and disqualify me." I won the race on Sunday. In the winner's circle I asked the division director if he still wanted me to move my trailer for the Comp racer that made one half-ass pass and lost first round. He didn't find the humor.

Professional isn't a term I would use to describe many of the people in charge...so how are they going to see the error in giving Meth Monkey the Chief Starter job?

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back