Iceman (1 Viewer)

Jer

Nitro Member
1st round pro stock with Kenny K and Dave C the staging duel was great,love it. What the heck is rick stewarts problem? He acts like the world is gonna end if they dont stage,I dunno he just acts stupid,like a little boy pouting when this happens. Its a fan favorite,go in the back and sit down Stewart lol.

1st round pro stock with Kenny K and Dave C the staging duel was great,love it. What the heck is rick stewarts problem? He acts like the world is gonna end if they dont stage,I dunno he just acts stupid,like a little boy pouting when this happens. Its a fan favorite,go in the back and sit down Stewart lol.
No doubt!! He try's to make himself the center of attetion. Maybe he is like Buster and just doesn't like pro stock!!

I actually wish more PS & PSB would do it. I think it makes it more exciting for the audience. I don't nessecarily like it when the supercharged cars on alky & nitro sit there forever..... but I see no reason why the others can't play this to everyones advantage. Stewart could act it up a little too.... anything to get media attention I guess

Maybe Scelzi can teach him that magnificent cartwheel of his and RS can perform it throughout the entire staging duel to distract the fans away from the starting line action and back to himself.

Which poses the question -- are there medics at the starting line?

I'm sorry, but when Buster retired, we lost a lot of character and personality. Buster was a big ole Country boy, and was the perfect big guy to fire off a couple of fuelers. What we have now just isn't the same. Nothing against Rick personally, but he's the wrong actor in the wrong play.

I agree that a staging battle is drama. The crowds love it, and if two Pro Stockers want to sit there and wait for the second coming...let 'em. Where's the harm or foul? My guess is NHRA will say something about them waisting time, but nothing is a bigger time killer than cleaning up after a nitro car pukes it's guts out over all 1,320 feet. The fuelers killed LIVE telecasts, and cleaning up after them still kills the show.

There are usually EMT's positioned near the starting line at larger events. So medical assistance would be close by.

Stewart is a big dork. His demeanor on the starting line is very unprofessional. In my opinion, a chief starter needs to be cool, calm, and totally in control without going into arm waving hysterical fits. Stewart has the arm waving and jumping around like an idiot down pat.

Wonder if the Army team would have seen BUSTER'S shut-off signal..hmmm?

Buster became part of the burndown.

I miss Buster

There are usually EMT's positioned near the starting line at larger events. So medical assistance would be close by.

Stewart is a big dork. His demeanor on the starting line is very unprofessional. In my opinion, a chief starter needs to be cool, calm, and totally in control without going into arm waving hysterical fits. Stewart has the arm waving and jumping around like an idiot down pat.

Perfectly said bro.

I must've been watching a different race, the burndown was very calm, Rick is not really on the camera enough to "act" on que. He was a bit jerky in the animation of trying to act flustered.

Thats what I saw, A starter that was trying to <act> flustered. nonchalantly, a quick step pace and an animated quick look at his watch, and then a shrug! Then more animated acting! They pay Rick to hit a button, not read a que card!

I do admit it added a bit of flavor, ................especially with Captain & the Kid. ............And then the Kid Drilled Kenny. Priceless!!

I was at the Reading race when the burndown happened in Top Fuel and I thought Rick was gonna have a heart attack,lol.

I can guarantee that Buster wouldn't have had to do anything to the Army car other than give them the shutoff signal.

Buster had no gripe against Pro Stockers.

Division 2 will always be "Buster's Rebels"

Watching him on the line is embarrassing to watch, especially when he starts counting down with his fingers, GIVE ME A BREAK!

LOL... there have been other threads about this in the past and I can't take credit for somebody else's work. But, somebody once called him a monkey on meth ! It stuck with me and that's what we all call him around here.

I love how he flails his arm around counting like he has control. Autostart has control once the two cars are prestaged when one guy turns on the second yellow it times the other guy out all by itself wether hes standing there or not.

Rick is a GREAT guy. He always gives me hugs and kisses, no matter how much burnout is on my face.

If you guys don't like his antics, focus more on the cars, that is what you guys want to see anyway. Give the dude a break, the common fan probably doesn't know about the autostart and it's probably entertaining for them.

Rick is a GREAT guy. He always gives me hugs and kisses, no matter how much burnout is on my face.

If you guys don't like his antics, focus more on the cars, that is what you guys want to see anyway. Give the dude a break, the common fan probably doesn't know about the autostart and it's probably entertaining for them.

Kinda hard to focus on the cars when he acts like he is going to fly away flopping his arms everywhere,lol.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back