I-pods in New Cars? (1 Viewer)

Great more stuff to distract drivers! Cant we return to the 40-50's when cars were stylish and simple. :(

(modern driving)
cell phone rings WHILE driving:
"what??!!...... hold on, let me turn down the radio."

Great more stuff to distract drivers! Cant we return to the 40-50's when cars were stylish and simple. :(

And cheaper to fix?? And didn't all resemble candy bars left in the sun a little to long? No, apparently not.

Besides, I've listened to my son's I-Pod, and I have to tell you I'm not all that impressed with the sound quality.

Besides, I've listened to my son's I-Pod, and I have to tell you I'm not all that impressed with the sound quality.

David, I have a G5 Video Ipod, and the Sound quality's Excellent if you get some decent headphones! Those rinky-dink earpiece headphones they give you are junk! Sounds like an old transister Radio!

David, I have a G5 Video Ipod, and the Sound quality's Excellent if you get some decent headphones! Those rinky-dink earpiece headphones they give you are junk! Sounds like an old transister Radio!

You can't beat listening to a baseball game on a transistor radio. I can still vividly recall my Grandpa cussing out Sparky Anderson while shelling October beans under the grape arbor. Those were the days!

Besides, I've listened to my son's I-Pod, and I have to tell you I'm not all that impressed with the sound quality.[/COLOR][/QUOTE]

Maybe you have bad hearing<vbg> or bad ear buds. Maybe he recorded to the iPod at a lower quality to get more on it. I am on my 4th one and I have nothing but praise for them. When I copy my music I set it for quality not space saved on the ipod. With alll due respect, its not one of the best selling items on the marketplace because it has poor sound quality.

I upgrade because I like the new features and added on space. I love the new video iPods. I just wish NHRA would put up some HD video like NASCAR does for the iPod. (The Sports Illustrated swimsuit issue movie isnt bad either...hehehe)

Bob

You have been able to use the iPod in your car long before this deal. Bad drivers are bad drivers no matter what the distraction is. If your not smart enough to stop what your doing if its going to take your attention from driving I think you have no business behind the wheel. Pull over and take car of whats at hand. I use hands free with my cell, but if I need to pay more attention to the phone than driving, I pull over.

Bob

Even Ferrari is offering iPod integration on all models this year. It is true that you have been able to use an iPod in vehicles for a long time, but I cannot recommend those junkie FM conversions kits. These manufacturers are talking about true integration, with some sort of docking station for the iPod in which it would be controlled by the controls on the stereo in the car, rather on the front of the iPod itself.

I absolutely could not live without my iPod. I found the ear buds adequate, but any upgrade in ear phones will enhance the listening experience. Another thing I have done is not listen to anything sampled at a lower rate than 192kbps.

It is true that you have been able to use an iPod in vehicles for a long time, but I cannot recommend those junkie FM conversions kits.

If you are referring to my note I was not talking about the same junkie FM conversions. The interface I describe comes as close to being a factory option as can be. Your CD player will control the iPod and its wired direct, no FM conversions. ALso, for some of the car with steering wheel controls, I believe there is an add on that allows it to control your iPod as well.

If you were not...disregard<vbg>

Bob

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back