How Will Bernstein Do ? (1 Viewer)

How Will Bernstein Do in Pomona

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

jpee

Nitro Member
Given the problems Kenny has had with his new car...(I don't think he has his license yet) how do you think he will do in Pomona in 2 weeks?

I love the car, and I hate to say it, but KB will not be in the show at Pomona.

Hopefully he can prove me wrong.

I agree, I like KB (he's not my favorite) but I like him... however I think he has a very steep hill to climb... I wish him well....

He's gonna' get in the show, most likely in the top half. The man can DRIVE period.

They are having the same issues Scott Kalitta had during his crossover.

What a bunch of nattering naybobs of negativity:cool: :rolleyes: .

SHEEEEEEEEEEESH

REX

I think kenny will have a hill to climb.But he is Kenney Bernstein, he will always run the top half of the field. Maybe not the first half of the season but HE Will be there the second half.I like Kenney,and in all my years of watching him run I know he wouldn't throw a team together to JUST be out there.He will be a contender! Good luck and have a fun and competitive season to the entire crew and KB!!! JOHN J

Well - they did get the car down the track twice. I think licensing et requirement is 110% of national record. 4.66 x 1.10 = 5.12 - they are already close. I'm not sure about licensing mph - if a run within 10% of the record is also required that would be 302.94.
It's still raining (and hailing at the house!) here - so . . . "Last Chance" at LVMS this weekend!

It doesn't matter how well you can drive when the boys and girls will throw a 4.75 bump (My guess), you gotta have the tune-up. I don't think he will make the field, but would be happy to be wrong.

You know what? I wonder if JFR and others feel like Ray Alley really got some good information from them -- he can barely get the car to go down the track...

At least he didn't get a LOT of information...

I wish KB and his team all the best. I hope they qualify and do well this year. :cool:

I gotta agree w/ Justin...These fields are tough and w/ zero (Bernstein) hard data it's a crap shoot...Look @ Scelzi last World Finals...the NHRA champ in the bottom half @ the last 3 or 4 races in qualifying and Capps had some low qualifying effort(s) the last 3 out of 4.
Goes to prove that just cause you throw mega $$$ @ the car does not mean you will make the show, or have lane choice...F/C is gonna be rough this season...
Gotta love Jim Head as he is out there having fun sweating the corporate cars...

It's been a long time since he has driven one and I got a feeling it's going to be a long year for Kenny!
Ray Alley is starting from scratch it will be a while before he gets it figured out.

If KB misses the show in Pomona, Kenny will become the MONSTER you can count on it!:eek:

Last edited:
Well - they did get the car down the track twice. I think licensing et requirement is 110% of national record. 4.66 x 1.10 = 5.12 - they are already close. I'm not sure about licensing mph - if a run within 10% of the record is also required that would be 302.94.
It's still raining (and hailing at the house!) here - so . . . "Last Chance" at LVMS this weekend!

Not true, for the cross over he needs two runs quicker then 5.50 and faster then 250. He already has one pass of 5.14 @ 271, so he is one pass away from his cross over.

You know what? I wonder if JFR and others feel like Ray Alley really got some good information from them -- he can barely get the car to go down the track...

At least he didn't get a LOT of information...

I wish KB and his team all the best. I hope they qualify and do well this year. :cool:

I agree Jeremy. Ray seemed a little behind the curve several years ago, and his 'desk job' in Glendora didn't seem to help him. With the multi car teams all testing strong, I doubt there will be enough positions available for that pooch in the show. My guess is that you'll see The General in the FC pit...and Alley standing behind him with a notebook. Kenny might have been better off splitting up Tim and Kim...lord knows they've both got it figured out!

Kenny is the consumate proffessional. He will get this deal done, and will get into the field. Maybe not the top half, but his car WILL be sitting in the staging lanes on Sunday.:cool:

Kenny is the consumate proffessional. He will get this deal done, and will get into the field. Maybe not the top half, but his car WILL be sitting in the staging lanes on Sunday.:cool:

I'd love to see that. Kenny continues to be great for our sport. For him to make the field, he has a huge hill to climb in a very short amount of time. Keep in mind, barring some weird development, there will be four (4) JFR cars, and three (3) DSR cars in the show. That only leaves nine positions, and you'd think three of those will be taken by Snake and Worsham, so now we're down to six (6) available slots for Kenny to take a shot at. See where I'm going with this? The margin for error will be especially tight in FC this year because the top half of the field seems more solid than ever before.

Last edited:
Never been a big KB fan, and I don`t think he`ll qualify at Pomona, but I think by seasons end he`ll be running right up there with the top cars in the class. They will struggle the first half of the season though, FC is tougher now than it ever has been, as KBs about to find out.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back