HOW REFRESHING.... (1 Viewer)

Went to a "SUPER CHEVY" show Sat. nite. How nice it was to NOT see any throttle stop cars. Top Sportsman - Top Dragster - Pro/Mod - AA/FA's - Jets - Nostalgia TF - Bikes & snowbiles - and
Jr. Dragster, all throttle down. Right down to a super heavy old Impala rag top dialed in at 13:70.

I lost count after 7rds, but he kept winning. The point is I stayed in my seat watching.
Anyway it was a nice show for only $20.

I couldn't agree with you more. Why can't we get rid of the throttle stops and delay boxes? How about if you run 8, 9, and 10.90 Index, you run those numbers on driver skill? I'm not as impressed with any of these .002 and .001 and .000 lights when they're helped by delay boxes. I'm not as impressed with any of these 8,9, and 10.900 packages where they run "dead on" because they dang near shut the motor off for 3-4 seconds during the run. Do it without these electronic aids!! The engine sizes will go down, we may have some new winners, and the racing will be more exciting because of the DRIVER behind the wheel performing everything the car is doing! I have respect for the drivers doing this kind of racing.....I just want to see it done a different way sometimes. We have 8.50, 10.00, and 11.50 Index at Cecil County and Atco, and there are some SERIOUS drivers doing a great job in those classes without those aids because they're illegal!!!

I'm no electronics expert, but, can't these be set up to kick in at say 1200, or 1250 feet where no one would notice?? That way they still run the number, but they don't idle past the bulk of the spectators. I used to love the .90 classes, (and watch them) it was a real race car, but something that I could
someday invision owning. The wide variety of bodys, wheels up starts, great. But the leave hard fall on yer face, idle a while, then roar off a second
time is a big turn off.

Paul thats the way they use to fun throttle stops, they would actuate off high gear pressure from trans and you had option of overriding it. They figured out later on that if you shut throttle off early then you could get more mph and regulate your st that way.

Ban throttle stops and delay boxes !!!!!!!!!!!! What's next no hands steering the car down the track.
Let get back to the driver being in total control of everything when racing.

Jimbo

I wish they would do away with super comp and gas. (used to be a HUGE super gas fan). Make it all bracket cars. Pick your number and run it. No stops allowed.

yeah ya do. Besides they can keep stock and super stock if they want. At most break it into 2 bracket classes

I'm no electronics expert, but, can't these be set up to kick in at say 1200, or 1250 feet where no one would notice?? That way they still run the number, but they don't idle past the bulk of the spectators. I used to love the .90 classes, (and watch them) it was a real race car, but something that I could someday invision owning. The wide variety of bodys, wheels up starts, great. But the leave hard fall on yer face, idle a while, then roar off a second time is a big turn off.

Paul thats the way they use to fun throttle stops, they would actuate off high gear pressure from trans and you had option of overriding it. They figured out later on that if you shut throttle off early then you could get more mph and regulate your st that way.

What Jesse said, plus the fact that if you want to kill ET it's better do it down low (shortly after the leave) as it has a much greater effect on how much you can take off and still preserve your speed. You may have noticed that clicking a car early on the top end really only costs a few hundredths or tenths of ET but the speed suffers dramatically. There are current S/G cars that can run in the 7's, so if they throttle stopped the car for somewhere between 2-3 seconds near the end of the track they'd go through the lights at about 75 MPH (guess). That's no fun for anyone! :D

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back