How low can you go? (1 Viewer)

How low can you go?

ELKHART, Ind. (August 1, 2007) - As the Knoll Gas Nitro Jam rounds the half way mark of the 2007 season and the points battles start to heat up like a humid night on Lake Michigan, Terry McMillen wonders what it will take to make the Torco Nitro Top Fuel Field at this weekend's Torco Race Fuels Northern Nationals.

The August 3-5 event held at the Knoll-Gas Motorsports Park in Martin Michigan will feature an all-star cast of Nitro pilots including; seven time defending IHRA Champion Clay Millican, J.R. Todd, Melanie Troxel and teammate Doug Foley. Knoll himself will even compete at the event, adding another quality car to the mix of competitors.

Fresh off of his first win in Edmonton and semi-final appearance in Grand Bend, McMillen has fought his way into contention for the championship, currently in the fifth position. While McMillen fights to stay in the points battle with TJ Zizzo, Bruce Litton, Scotty Cannon and Bobby Lagana he knows just qualifying for the field will be an accomplishment.

"The competition this week is going to be awesome," said McMillen. "Evan has five his of his NHRA cars coming over to compete at his race. This means it will be nothing short of a blood bath to get in the field."

When asked what it will take to get in the field, McMillen commented, "It's just a question of how low (elapsed time) can you go? There might be 16 Top Fuel cars fighting for eight spots. I'm looking for a record setting field and we want to be a part of it."

"When this is all said and done, you'll be able to compare this drag race to any of the biggest ones in the sport," McMillen added. "Both (Foley/Lewis cars)teams have spent this past week preparing an arsenal to compete this week."

Just being a part of the Top Fuel fraternity is something that McMillen is thankful for. "Evan is the guy who made it all possible," Terry added. "Evan had many concerns about the condition of my eye, he had the faith in me. When Evan set his mind on getting me in one of hi cars, it all happened at warp speed. He contacted Doug Foley and Tim Lewis owners of the Accelerator and the Torco Nitro Top Fuel Car and things just fell into place. He's truly is an incredible person. Evan has given so many people the opportunity to compete. If I could make one wish - and guarantee the wish to come true, I would wish to win this race and hand Evan the Iron Man on the starting line."

To learn more about Terry McMillen and the Amalie Oil InstiGator visit Terry McMillen's Hoosier Thunder Motorsports or Doug Foley.

ABOUT AMALIE OIL [http://amalie.com]
Founded in 1903 in Franklin, Pennsylvania, Amalie Oil Company was one of the original "Pennsylvania Crude" oil companies. Today, Amalie blends and packages almost 200 different products. Amalie continues over 100 years of excellence with a full line of Automotive, Fleet, Industrial, and Specialty lubricants, that, since 1903, truly are Better than they have to be!

ABOUT TORCO RACE FUELS [http://torcoracefuels.com or http://torco.com]
Torco Racing Fuels is the first choice for engine builders and professional racers seeking extreme power and consistency. The company also offers commercial and racing oils and lubes; SKULL Shine, a complete line of car care products; SKULL Gear, a complete line of apparel, traction compound, and racing-related accessories.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back