How it Was............................. (1 Viewer)

Rajunz

Nitro Member
I was digging through some old National Dragster papers and found 2 great old Profiles.

Dare I say, this is the beginning of the DARK SIDE of RACING!:D
CH30020.jpg

And one of my favorites. The 1970 "Cajun Cuda" was pretty much unstoppable in the early part of 1970 winning the GatorNationals and the Super Stock Nationals, along with most match races entered. Enjoy!
CH30019.jpg

I was just a kid, but I remember those days. I remember being at Indy for a points race in '70, and we were towing my Dad up the return road, and stopped to watch Shoe make a pass. I remember how it thundered, on his way to a low 7 sec. pass. It's hard to believe that much time has gone by.

........wow, do those picture's bring back memories. Many, many years ago there was a liquor store called the 'Jetstream' Liquor Store it was called that because is was right by the Hollywood/Burbank airport,that's what they called the airport back in the day, anyhow I knew the owners and they would let me hang out for hours going through all the cool hot rod magazines, too cool :cool:

I remember Jetstream liquor. It was on Vanowen. Then again I remember the airport when it was Lockheed airport.

Saw Shoe in his Cudas at OCIR and Irwindale.

Jay

......hey Jay, I lived right there on Vanowen and Cleon. I to remember when the called it Lockheed.

Don Schumacher. He's brought a great deal to this sport. We owe him a lot. Thanks, Don,
Cheers,
Ed Arcuri

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back