Hot Rod (1 Viewer)

I don't know where you got that info from, but I never read anywhere about it being a full time deal. No point getting mad over it, you want to drive for Dexter bring some money with you or that car will stay parked. I mean no disrespect to Dexter, but these are the breaks. Money = race. No money = no race.

Seems like I heard that also, but maybe I just assumed it. Didn't Hot Rod have some backing from DiGiornio's Pizza for this year?

Anybody know if there was any truth to the rumors he was shopping the DiGiornio money behind Bob V's back? I recall seeing comments similar to this in prior 'preseason' threads.

I've ran into Rod on several occasions when I lived in Vegas. It seemed he was always at LVMS when he had the chance. I have found him to be very approachable and a nice guy based on my interaction.

Hope he does find something full time. More rides is more better... :cool:

I don't know where you got that info from, but I never read anywhere about it being a full time deal. No point getting mad over it, you want to drive for Dexter bring some money with you or that car will stay parked. I mean no disrespect to Dexter, but these are the breaks. Money = race. No money = no race.

I thought i read that somewhere as well,im not mad was just wondring,dont get so mad over MY post lol.

Anybody know if there was any truth to the rumors he was shopping the DiGiornio money behind Bob V's back? I recall seeing comments similar to this in prior 'preseason' threads.

I've ran into Rod on several occasions when I lived in Vegas. It seemed he was always at LVMS when he had the chance. I have found him to be very approachable and a nice guy based on my interaction.

Hope he does find something full time. More rides is more better... :cool:
I kinda heard that too. Seems as though that put a strain on their relationship, which explains why JR Todd is now Vandergriff's "part season" driver. I too like Hot Rod and JR , but that's the problem with being a hired driver, there's always more drivers than seats in drag racing. That's why I also believe that the smarter (as in Larry Dixon) drivers need to do exactly what Vandergriff is doing right now and form their own team. You'd think that certain drivers would get tired of knocking on doors every winter looking for a ride.
I also wonder if that may be part of the reason Del Worsham gave up driving in favor of tuning. Good tuners are always in short supply and high demand and never stay unemployed for long. Couple that with their ability to demand good money and it makes sense.

Last edited:
Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back