[History]Who pioneered the use of 2 magnetos? (1 Viewer)

"Gentleman" Joe Shubeck designed the first twin distributor set up. It was not the side by side set up as todays side by side mags.

Holy pull a thread from deep in the archives batman. I didn't notice the dates at first, just saw post by Roger and thought somebody was messing around.

Holy pull a thread from deep in the archives batman. I didn't notice the dates at first, just saw post by Roger and thought somebody was messing around.
Being you did not state which vehicle,airplanes -fire trucks had forms of duel mags or ignitions for almost a century.Racers did not invent the idea

If you want to go with the "pioneer" that made it really work in drag racing (immediate performance gains), I'd go with Double A Dale. Of course, previous racers who used dual mags might have also seen immediate results. I am not sure of that. I am just showing my favoritism towards dale.

I recall seeing twin plug Hemis on Don Carlton's Motown Missle P/S Challenger back in 72-73, as well as on the Sox&Martin Duster around the same time

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back