***hight/sonoma-sacramento bee article (1 Viewer)

The Little Lizard

Nitro Member
In my teen years (1975-1978) I worked for Jim "The Lizard" Herbert (NHRA Top Fuel) at his speed shop Jim Herbert's Performance World, and with his closest friend former NHRA Top Fuel Champion Gary Ormsby. My father went on to share the good experiences I had with Jim and Gary with his employee and co-worker at the time a young talented upcoming Attorney Robert Hight. In this newly released article from todays, July 31, 2011 Sacramento Bee Newspaper NHRA Funny car driver Robert Hight shares some of his history, thoughts and personal reflexions on driving a Top Fuel Funny Car as well as the role his uncle (also named Robert) and now Superior Court Judge Robert Hight played, at the web-link provided:

For Hight, no describing driving a Top Fuel Funny Car - Sacramento Sports - Kings, 49ers, Raiders, High School Sports | Sacramento Bee

;);)

Last edited:
Lisard, It's great to have your local "rag" do human interest- like stories on the drags.

Living in SoCal's "Inland Empire" we have a great scribe, Lewis Brewster, who does much the same regularly for the Ontario Bulletin and San Bernardino Sun. In fact, if I'm correct. Force has given a Wally for one of his Ponoma wins to Brewster.

If it wasn't for a wife who is happy with me here and she in Sacatomatoes, you and me'd currently be "homies".

Love the area! From the Delta to the Sierra foothills.

Last edited:
Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back