Mike Green Sacramento Native leads Schumacher racing into Sonoma (1 Viewer)

The Little Lizard

Nitro Member
Mike Green Sacramento Native leads Schumacher racing into Sonoma, as featured in Today's July 16, 2010 Sacramento Bee article at the web link provided below:

Local crew chief leads Army dragster's charge - Sacramento Sports - Kings, 49ers, Raiders, High School Sports | Sacramento Bee

*Footnote to this article-Mike Green assisted early in his career on the local alcohol dragster of Bill Barney (see Sacramento Bee article link provided) that was crew chiefed by my mentor legendary Sacramento and Northern California Tuner Chris Raynor.

;):)

didn't know mike was with bill b........that guy used to win.....a lot!
wasn't he part of the 80's castrol mega-team?

g.gerrould also from Sacramento? or just the voice there?

There's a couple Sacramento guys out there.
Gary Gerrould is the voice of the Sacramento Kings, he does the local radio broadcast, as well as the TV spot. His camera guy at the track, Tim Glass, is also from Sacramento, and was a high school classmate of crew cheif John Stewart. Did I mention where he's from? ;)

g.gerrould is from Sacramento, and started his career as an announcer at KCRA TV our local NBC affiliate as the sports caster, and did the announcing at one of the best 1/4 mile clay ovals ever Sacramento's West Capital Raceway, R.I.P.

John Stewert (current Tuner for Morgan Lucas) is also a Sacramento Navite and attened El Camino High School when he started his career driving a Top Fuel Dragster owned by his father. Who did his father buy the dragster from?, and how did it make him famous?

The Stewarts purchased the highly successful Performance World Don Long Chassised Top Fuel Dragster of my mentors Jim "The Lizard" Herbert and his Partner legandary Northern California Tuner Chris Raynor (pictures of the car can be found on my My Space Page, or Facebook page).

John Stewarts claim to fame after the purchase of the car was that of being haled as a 17 year old high school phenom for a 2 of 3 match race victory in the former Performance World Don Long Chassised Top Fuel Dragster over Big Daddy Don Garlits at Sacramento Raceway.

;):)

Last edited:
Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back