Hight got screwed in my opinion (1 Viewer)

Alan is in Race Control, in the tower, where such decisions are made. I'm certain that if he says Hight was given lane choice, he's right. No matter what people on teh interwebs, or even the ESPN crew (who is in a trailer somewhere else) say about it.

I never douted it and I don't know how anyone can think that I did. It is hysterical, no matter what I post I seem to get blacklisted and it's incredible. (not blaming you Chris) What good is a place like this? At a loss for words. Can't I ever post here without the long past reputation, people change.

I never douted it and I don't know how anyone can think that I did.

Did you read the last sentence of Alan's response before you quoted it and posted something to the contrary?

Robert did have lane choice.

<snip>

If there was a mistake made it was on the communication end between NHRA and ESPN2, getting the word from Graham to Dave and Mike. Apparently there was a break in that communication chain, but I don't know what happened there, and I wont guess.

I was not around to watch the telecast after first round as I had somewhere to be, but following on the net around midnight it said worsham had the lane choice.

That sure looks like you were doubting it to me...

That sure looks like you were doubting it to me...[/QUOTE]

Seriously? I doubt nothing I am only saying what the NHRA results still read. Explaining the reasoning why I started this thread to begin with. I'm not gonna doubt Alan, he was there! This place is incredible.

Last edited:
Really? Where?

(W) Del Worsham (DHL Camry) 0.069 4.122 306.53
(L) Courtney Force (Traxxas Mustang) 0.073 4.135 310.63
Great drag race!! Del Worsham's MOV: 0.0179 seconds (approximately 8 feet). Worsham will have lane choice against Hight in the next round. 2:05 p.m.

Happy?

you gotta be pullin something over on me because that's where I got it from.

Here are the Gainesville results from the link on the NHRA front page.

2013 GF1

Go to Fuel Funny car, scroll to Sunday. Show me what you just posted.

It's not even on dragracecentral. It has what NHRA.com has. I have no idea where you got what you posted.

Here are the Gainesville results from the link on the NHRA front page.

2013 GF1

Go to Fuel Funny car, scroll to Sunday. Show me what you just posted.

It's not even on dragracecentral. It has what NHRA.com has. I have no idea where you got what you posted.

Funny, I click on the exact same link this is what I got to paste again. You gotta be overlooking it.

(W) Del Worsham (DHL Camry) 0.069 4.122 306.53
(L) Courtney Force (Traxxas Mustang) 0.073 4.135 310.63
Great drag race!! Del Worsham's MOV: 0.0179 seconds (approximately 8 feet). Worsham will have lane choice against Hight in the next round. 2:05 p.m.

Never mind. I see it. Sorry was looking at the Hight race which clearly talks about the spider.

But remember this stuff is posted in real time. The guys writing the play by play are in the media center, not in race control. They don't know the decisions.

Christopher,

Go to the Results Page with line by line run times. It's still there, On NHRA.Com... You are both right by their site, depending where you are at...

Karl

Never mind. I see it. Sorry was looking at the Hight race which clearly talks about the spider.

But remember this stuff is posted in real time. The guys writing the play by play are in the media center, not in race control. They don't know the decisions.

I imagine that. I'll take the notes they write reguardless of errors, they do good work.

What happens is that the live feed straight out of the Compulink system goes down to the Fast News guys, who are in the media center (which is separate from Race Control). There are two of them, so they don't risk missing anything.

As each run happens, they have a custom program that interprets the live data feed and presents it in the format you see here. They add in the commentary, and then post it. It is a "write-only" system, once it's posted, it's posted. There's no opportunity for editing.

I apologize for my brain fart. As I said, I looked time and again, and kept looking at the Hight run, not the Worsham run. Really sorry... :(

Yep. And what happened to the "big" news they were supposed to announce about new timing system after the Winternatioinals?

There are major upgrades coming for the timing system. We are not ready to talk publicly about them yet. The previous stories were leaked prematurely.

Hang in there. It will be worth the wait. I promise.

Chris

I don't know, .... I think that 2.76 was pretty stout. Too bad Robert couldn't back it up. Force should give Prock a raise ... a HUGE raise. :D:D:D

What happens is that the live feed straight out of the Compulink system goes down to the Fast News guys, who are in the media center (which is separate from Race Control). There are two of them, so they don't risk missing anything.

As each run happens, they have a custom program that interprets the live data feed and presents it in the format you see here. They add in the commentary, and then post it. It is a "write-only" system, once it's posted, it's posted. There's no opportunity for editing.

I apologize for my brain fart. As I said, I looked time and again, and kept looking at the Hight run, not the Worsham run. Really sorry... :(

not a problem

I don't know, .... I think that 2.76 was pretty stout. Too bad Robert couldn't back it up. Force should give Prock a raise ... a HUGE raise. :D:D:D

Post of the year!

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back