Hey ESPN stat guy... (1 Viewer)

StockersRock

Nitro Member
When you gave Paul Page that info about Prudhomme's place among all time winners ('cause I know Page didn't pull that out of the old memory banks), you failed to mention Pat Austin with 75, Frank Manzo with 78, and David Rampy with 64. I know graphic space is limited on screen, but please, let's not let this oversight happen again. Thank you.

I'm sure its for Pro winners only...just like in the NHRA media guide they have a list for all-time winners among all classes and one with just Pro drivers.

That ESPN stat guy is Lewis Bloom and he knows all about Sportsmen racing. He was one of the announcers of the Sportsmen classes last week at E-town and has announced at two D1 points races this year (Maple Grove and Atco).

I'm sure its for Pro winners only...just like in the NHRA media guide they have a list for all-time winners among all classes and one with just Pro drivers.

"Bingo" no one counts amatures milestones.
Maybe they should because those are some impressive #'s!

"Bingo" no one counts amatures milestones.
Maybe they should because those are some impressive #'s!

I wouldnt exactly consider guys like Austin , Manzo , and Rampy amatures :rolleyes: I do however understand that since it was a pro show that is why the stats were just focused on the pro drivers.

The thing that always gets lost in those stats is the number of national events held each year. The modern drivers are accomplishing it during seasons of 16-23 national events. There used to be 6 - 10. A lot harder to amass totals in the "old" days. The overall numbers are still great no matter how many evnets.

I wouldnt exactly consider guys like Austin , Manzo , and Rampy amatures :rolleyes: I do however understand that since it was a pro show that is why the stats were just focused on the pro drivers.
What really gets lost in the stats is the number rounds David Rampey has had to win to get his Wallys compared to the Pros!! Especially considering most of the sportsman eliminators have much tougher competition than any of the Pro categories.

O.K. they are professional amatures! :p
Wilkerson was once one of them but he made the jump so until they do the same that is what they will be considered. ;) :D

What really gets lost in the stats is the number rounds David Rampey has had to win to get his Wallys compared to the Pros!! Especially considering most of the sportsman eliminators have much tougher competition than any of the Pro categories.
Which means if Rampey raced in Top Fuel, he would have about 200 wins.:rolleyes:

Activity and accomplishment don't always go hand in hand.

Back in the Day If you won every event the total would be 10, now if you win 10, you make the final 8.

My bad I guess, just injecting a little sarcasm on behalf of sportsman lovers. I didn't realize Mr. Bloom was their guy, and it certainly wasn't directed at him, as I definitely know his support - especially in our division.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back