Here is the real future of the NHRA..... (1 Viewer)

JetTeach

Nitro Member
:D :D

Picture013-1.jpg

Cool! How about some details?! :D

That is my daughter "Hot Rod" Heather. This is her rookie year and she made it to the semis in the 8/9 year old class at the NHRA Div 4 Jr ET Finals this past weekend! 3 of the 4 racers were from our home track and they are all best friends so it was a little tough! She wanted that Wally bad but went red by .002.

I have never been so proud in my whole life. When we started this season our goal was just to get down track and now look at her!! She has a hunger and a passion for this sport that you can just see!!

You look at the fact that there are several racers in the pro ranks that are former jr dragster drivers and I truly believe this is the future!!

Congrats to Heather. I know one our local girls here from HRP won this past weekend, Brittany Iven I believe. I know Iven's the last name, I think Brittany is right. If its not, then I apologize.

Congrats to Heather. I know one our local girls here from HRP won this past weekend, Brittany Iven I believe. I know Iven's the last name, I think Brittany is right. If its not, then I apologize.
That's correct. She won the 11 year old category.

Cute gal there Donnie. Hope she sticks with dragracing.
I couldn't make her stop if I wanted to...she is hooked!! And I have two more behind her chomping at the bit. Her 7 year old sister wants to race so bad it isn't funny!

She looks tough and determined Donnie. Better not be challenging her in a few years.

Congrats to you as a father for helping her.

Congrats 'Hot Rod' Heather and you too 'Proud Papa' .:)
Ah looking at the pic of Heather standin' next to her rail, is she taller than the other "Hot Rod"?;)

Congrats. That's a great picture. And you're right: that really is the future of the NHRA.

For all the complaining we do here when we think the NHRA has made a boneheaded move, we probably don't give them enough credit when they do something right. And in my opinion the NHRA's junior drag racer program is one example of the NHRA mostly getting it right.

"Hot Rod" Heather eh?? That's way cool, Donnie..and she's already better looking than that other "Hot Rod"..hehe.

Lots to be proud of. What a great family sport.

Congrats, that is so cool.

I take my 5 yr old daughter to the track alot with me. I fear once she sees a jr dragster and realizes its kids driving it that she's gonna want one. The fear isn't that she'll want one its the battle with momma to get he in one:D

Congrats. That's a great picture. And you're right: that really is the future of the NHRA.

For all the complaining we do here when we think the NHRA has made a boneheaded move, we probably don't give them enough credit when they do something right. And in my opinion the NHRA's junior drag racer program is one example of the NHRA mostly getting it right.

You're right, except for one thing, the Napp family at Englishtown came up with concept ran it by their fellow track operators and then proved to the NHRA it would work.
S/F
D

You're right, except for one thing, the Napp family at Englishtown came up with concept ran it by their fellow track operators and then proved to the NHRA it would work.
S/F
D

DP, so your saying for Glendora to have an 'original' ( use Britney Force's definition of origional) thought, someone else has to come up with it first?

Sounds like you've got some great kids Donnie, ya done good!!! :)

It sure seems that way. But the JR program is great way to hook the whole family, grow our future racers and continue to out pace the other forms of motorsport in terms of diversity.

D

Congrats to Heather. :) Sounds like a larger racing budget is going to be needed for this family. :D

Last edited:
Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back