Help! Do Not Call List? (1 Viewer)

Jim

Nitro Member
Can anyone give me a web site or phone # to get on this list? I have been told a business # cannot be put on the list, does anyone know? We are at the point where we cannot function for the B.S. sales calls. They are jamming our fax line. They are even calling our cell #s while our guys are out on jobsites! Do these idiots think they are going to sell something, or are they just fishing for credit card #s? Any help would be appreciated. If it makes any difference, I'm in Ohio.

THANK YOU! I have registered all our #s, although the FAQ said it is NOT for business phones. I wonder why, so I can get calls from politicians trying to raise money? We get those, too. But, I appreciate the help.

THANK YOU! I have registered all our #s, although the FAQ said it is NOT for business phones. I wonder why, so I can get calls from politicians trying to raise money? We get those, too. But, I appreciate the help.

I know this is going to surprise you, but calls from politicians are exempt from the law.

Actually, I did know that. AND Social Security. I registered all our numbers yesterday, and got confirmation, but it will take 30 days. We keep getting this one number on our fax machine (most are unknown), so I called it back.
It was the NRA, wanting to know who I was supporting in the presidential election.

We tried to register our business numbers, but could not. Let us know if this works. We must get 10 or more pre-recorded calls a day offering "free grant money" and "no interest equipment leases" and blah blah blah. And we won't even go into the junk faxes...

Us too!

What kills me is that we pay SO MUCH more for our business lines/numbers....yet still can't protect them from crap. Makes no sense....:rolleyes:

Whenever I get junk faxes, I'm kind of prone to calling back and faxing them a hundred or so blank pages. May not help much, but makes me smile!

Yeah, the junk faxes are 5-10/day for us. I remember a few years ago, there was going to be a law against them. One of our suppliers sent us a form to sign that we consented to receive faxes from them, they actually had them on file with their legal department. BUT, congress didn't have the testicular fortitude to pass the law. I wonder who wa$ bought and how cheap?

Whenever I get junk faxes, I'm kind of prone to calling back and faxing them a hundred or so blank pages. May not help much, but makes me smile!

Instead of blank pages, fax them a hundred solid black pages; that should run their ink bill up pretty high.

That',s a a good one Kevin. I had to un plug my fax machine because I was getting to many cold faxes, I almost wish I would have come up with your idea.

I will update you. I registered all our #'s. The calls are still coming, the only one that stopped cold was the NRA, they have not called once since I asked to be removed. Thank you to them. ALL of the calls show up "Unknown Number", but some of our out-of-state customers show up that way also, so I have to pick up the call. I have started leaving the office computer on the internet when I leave at night, but using the fax line. That stops me coming in to a bunch of junk faxes in the morning, but still doesn't help during the day. What really gets me is the calls to the cell phones, I'm considering going to pagers. Then having the guys turn their phones on to call me. This should not be this complicated.

We unplugged our fax machine for about 2 months, only plugging it back in when we needed it. After plugging it back in, and leaving it, we have noticed a reduced amount of junk-fax. Maybe they thought the number was no good??

And I've tried to connect to operators with the automated calls, and tell them to remove our number, but it doesn't work.

We unplugged our fax machine for about 2 months, only plugging it back in when we needed it. After plugging it back in, and leaving it, we have noticed a reduced amount of junk-fax. Maybe they thought the number was no good??

This has worked for me. Most newer faxes have an "auto answer" button. We left it off until we expected a fax, turned it on, got the fax, turned it off. After about nine months of doing this diligently, one day I noticed it had been left on, probably for days (weeks?). Hadn't had a junk fax since.

I think all these scumbags share a list, and they promptly remove non-answering, non-fax numbers, since the time on the phone is so costly.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back