Hello, my fellow Detroit 'maters on the eve of the Lions' going 0-12 (1 Viewer)

yeah most years I at least have Michigan to fall back on not so much this year.

At least I have the Red Wings and Pistons.

I would say 9 years, (yes he was hired 8 years ago) they should have done a preemptive firing

Man, I don't even know if Millen is or was the problem... it starts with the Ford family... at the top. The expectation needs to be set by the owner and it should funnel down through the front office, through the coaches, and down to the roster. That team is so demoralized and apathetic it's very sad. They've got loyal fans who spend thier hard-earned and increasingly-hard-to-come-by money to go to those games.... and yet the players are allowed to perform at that level and get away with it....all the while earning thier steady salary. It will never happen as long as Ford owns the team... but someone needs to go in there and turn that place upside down and start making some decisions and be committed to changing the direction of the team for the sake of the fans. Either that, or sell the friggin franchise to someone who cares... sell the field to Illitch and putin a sheet of ice & let the Wings play there.

I'll never understand how Millen and his braintrust could draft WR's with their first round draft pick so often. Wasn't it 3 times in 4 years?

Man, I don't even know if Millen is or was the problem... it starts with the Ford family... at the top. The expectation needs to be set by the owner and it should funnel down through the front office, through the coaches, and down to the roster. That team is so demoralized and apathetic it's very sad. They've got loyal fans who spend thier hard-earned and increasingly-hard-to-come-by money to go to those games.... and yet the players are allowed to perform at that level and get away with it....all the while earning thier steady salary. It will never happen as long as Ford owns the team... but someone needs to go in there and turn that place upside down and start making some decisions and be committed to changing the direction of the team for the sake of the fans. Either that, or sell the friggin franchise to someone who cares... sell the field to Illitch and putin a sheet of ice & let the Wings play there.

Excellent post Chris!

I hope they go 0 for the rest of William Clay Ford Sr's life!

Somebody should put an expansion team in the Silverdome. They'd be better than the Lions in no time!

And speaking of the Silverdome, what NFL franchise builds a brand new stadium, and builds it smaller than the previous one? Not just a little smaller, SUBSTANTIALLY smaller! If those dumbasses had put a competitive product on the field, the Silverdome wouldn't have been big enough. But no, Ford builds a smaller stadium in hopes that it will sell out even though he is putting a pathetic product on the field. Well, guess what? It's not selling out now!

I am so pissed about this franchise, I can't see straight. And I have only lived here 20 years. I can't imagine how the lifers must feel.

Try being a Giants fan through the Reeves (the moron that fired Phil Simms) and Fassel years, or the years before '79. :rolleyes:

Excellent post Chris!

I hope they go 0 for the rest of William Clay Ford Sr's life!

Somebody should put an expansion team in the Silverdome. They'd be better than the Lions in no time!

And speaking of the Silverdome, what NFL franchise builds a brand new stadium, and builds it smaller than the previous one? Not just a little smaller, SUBSTANTIALLY smaller! If those dumbasses had put a competitive product on the field, the Silverdome wouldn't have been big enough. But no, Ford builds a smaller stadium in hopes that it will sell out even though he is putting a pathetic product on the field. Well, guess what? It's not selling out now!

I am so pissed about this franchise, I can't see straight. And I have only lived here 20 years. I can't imagine how the lifers must feel.

I too never nderstood why they built it so much smaller. Granted the dome was 1st or 2nd largest so I could see knocking a fee seats off to help guarantee sell outs and thus tv but dropping as many as they did is just horrible.

I don't see them winning a game, although they have come out if the first half of several games and looked promissing the rest of the schedule doens't look good.
With the suspensions the Vikings have and with their first game being close 12-10, I suppose this weekend may be their only chance. They are certainly not going to beat the Packers in Green Bay or the Colts anywhere. The Saints game, well even though the saints can't stop anyone from scoring, the lions have a hard time scoring even when nobody is on the field.

I didnt realize the new stadium they built was smaller. Thats got to be a first right? Interesting concept though about the reason why. The Lions are horrible. When is Calvin Johnson's contract up b/c I'd bet he's a goner. A shame b/c he seems head and shoulders above the others that he's yalls best player.

I am just glad that the Texans played well Monday night in a big game. They are turning it around finally. They are 5-7 and should be 7-5. I think next year we are going to make the playoffs. I know, stop the laughing but I'm serious. Our offense is good, can be awesome if we stop the interceptions at QB. Andre Johnson is one of the best WR's in football. Steve Slaton is going to be really good at RB in the next few years and Mario Williams, Demeco Ryans, and most of the def. guys are good or decent. We just need first class cornerbacks b/c we suck against the pass.

(vikings)williams x2 just suspended with 4 other NFL players for 4 weeks
for illegal substance - lion's hopes looking up for this weekend.

prediction..........vikings to lose 3 of last 4 games;
bears or packers win NFC central.

Ahhh, the Silverdome. I'll always have a special place in my heart for the property at the corner Opdyke & University. In 1975 my parents were the 4th private suite to be leased out, and they had it up until '89. Had alot of fun there. Although the Lions' mostly sucked, atleast they had some cool-ass events there over the years... truck pulls, Super Bowl 16, NBA All Star Game, concerts, rodeo, the Michigan Panthers, car shows..... hell; I even met Eric "Ponch" Estrada there at Autorama.... and that was when ChiPs was like the hottest show in the world. My High School football team played there, too.

Ahhh, the Silverdome. I'll always have a special place in my heart for the property at the corner Opdyke & University. In 1975 my parents were the 4th private suite to be leased out, and they had it up until '89. Had alot of fun there. Although the Lions' mostly sucked, atleast they had some cool-ass events there over the years... truck pulls, Super Bowl 16, NBA All Star Game, concerts, rodeo, the Michigan Panthers, car shows..... hell; I even met Eric "Ponch" Estrada there at Autorama.... and that was when ChiPs was like the hottest show in the world. My High School football team played there, too.

my first nba game was sitting in the top row, middle school bball team went in 87 or 88. Couldn't even see the players we were so far away and had to binocolurs that we shared among the 12 of us.

Pops and I used to always take in a monster truck show there during the winter just to hold us over until the snow melted and we could get out to the track.

I don't remember autorama being there, I've always been to cobo for that but I bet it was cool to pack the floor there.

I got to do a stunt course there with chrysler a couple of years ago. Drove a charger around then some set up jeep course. The real cool part was during a show they had pro stunt drivers in and I got picked to ride with one. Porsch vs crossfire (i was riding in the porsch) can't remember the guys name who was driving but he does all the faster stunt driving in the commercials for chrysler. Went flying across the parking lot in a race, spun a couple of tight turns, slolom and raced back. I think they were trying to show how the crossfire could hang with the super car. All I know is I wanted more and faster :)

(vikings)williams x2 just suspended with 4 other NFL players for 4 weeks
for illegal substance - lion's hopes looking up for this weekend.

prediction..........vikings to lose 3 of last 4 games;
bears or packers win NFC central.

I agree Mike. The Vikes are a very misleading 7-5. It wouldn't surprise me to see them lose to the Lions.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back