Hello, my fellow Detroit 'maters on the eve of the Lions' going 0-12 (1 Viewer)

BaldyLochs

Nitro Member
Holy crap. All I can say is... I'm right by your side. My family has been attending the Thanksgiving Day Lions' games since.... since like Briggs Stadium. I bleed blue & silver. You know and I know what's about to happen. Oh sure, we usually get a nice-looking lead going into halftime, live on national TV... then we blow it and still find a way to lose..... Hell, at this point... I'm almost rooting for the Lions to lose every Sunday... let's see how big of a losing streak we can get going this year! 0 and 12..... It's unbelievable, in today's world. GO LIONS!

Spent many Thanksgiving mornings of my youth in the nosebleed seats in Tiger Stadium watching the Lions. Then we rushed home to the turkey -- my mother had worked out a technique to cook it (involving low heat to start, then high heat to finish) so that we only had to wait about 2 hours when we got home. But been many years since I "bled silver and blue"...

Wondering if the '08 Lions will "go all the way", to the imperfect 0-16 season? Never been done, has it?

I think Tampa Bay was winless a long time ago, but that's when there was only 14 games.

Here's a bit of conversation with one of my supervisors. He's a Jet fan, I'm a Giants fan.

Him: Hey Sam, why aren't you a Jet fan?
Me: Wanna really know why?
Him: Yeah.
Me: Because I actually like looking forward to watching my team play! :D

Funny bit my dad said at the sports bar one day to another Giants fan when we saw a bunch of Dolphins fans hootin' and hollerin' because their QB just completed a 10 yard pass:

"I feel bad for Dolphins fans. Most fans root for a good game, Dolphins fans just have to root for one good play!"

Last edited:
Atleast usually they do a nice job on the national stage of recognizing Detroit's past and some of the former greats are usually on hand.... Barry & Charlie Sanders, Billy Sims, Danielson, Hipple, Murray

Funny bit my dad said at the sports bar one day to another Giants fan when we saw a bunch of Dolphins fans hootin' and hollerin' because their QB just completed a 10 yard pass:

"I feel bad for Dolphins fans. Most fans root for a good game, Dolphins fans just have to root for one good play!"

You`re Dads a funny guy. :rolleyes: Dolphins were 6-5 last I checked and they and the Steelers are deadlocked as the two franchises with the best NFL record since the AFL/NFL meger in 1970.

I think Tampa Bay was winless a long time ago, but that's when there was only 14 games.

Indeed. Tampa lost the first 26 games of their existence. All 14 in 1976 and the first 12 of 1977. Amazing that the Bucs managed to win their final two games of '77. They scored fewer than 10 points in 10 of their 14 games, being shut out 6 times that year (Shut out 5 times in '76).

C'mon Lions, you're well on your way to achieving similar levels of ineptitude!

For many years I would watch the game. But the older I'm getting the less I care to watch guys making $$$$$$$$$$$$$$ X Millions doing what we did as kids in the side yard for the love of the game.

For many years I would watch the game. But the older I'm getting the less I care to watch guys making $$$$$$$$$$$$$$ X Millions doing what we did as kids in the side yard for the love of the game.

You Nailed it Harry... Feel the same way about 'Pro' Baseball

d'kid

have no fear lions fans - a fine opportunity for a victory will be on your
doorstep in just over a week......our beloved, hopeless vikings will be
paying detroit a visit soon......we barely beat you in the metrodome!

It is just sooo sad! I feel for the teams that continue to struggle year after year after year after year after year after year year after year after year after year after year after year year after year after year after year after year after year year after year after year after year after year after year year after year after year after year after year after year........Oops!!! Sorry!!!!

Go Cowboys!!!:D:D:D:D

I was at the tampa game, we couldn't even get excited when they went up 17-0 as we knew they would blow it somehow.

Hopefully they hire all new gm, prez and coach this year, go after matt Cassell in free agency and actually draft someone who had played before yean yeah I know no chance.

Used to go the the thanksgiving day game every year but havne't in a while. I am worried with how bad they suck that trhe nfl will take it away. That would be horrible.

What makes it even worse is that I am also a Raiders fan......

I was at the tampa game, we couldn't even get excited when they went up 17-0 as we knew they would blow it somehow.

Hopefully they hire all new gm, prez and coach this year, go after matt Cassell in free agency and actually draft someone who had played before yean yeah I know no chance.

Used to go the the thanksgiving day game every year but havne't in a while. I am worried with how bad they suck that trhe nfl will take it away. That would be horrible.

What makes it even worse is that I am also a Raiders fan......

Lions, Raiders, and Michigan......OH MY!

you sure can pick 'em Peej :eek:

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back