Hello everyone! (2 Viewers)

golfer

Nitro Member
Another long time lurker who could take it no more. I live about an hour south of Kansas City, MO and started going to topeka in 1996 and have been hooked ever since. Shortly after I added St. Louis. Last year I went to those two and tried Dallas. One of the reasons I joined, I was thinking about going to Vegas1 and figured I could pick everyones brains about travel tips, places to stay etc.

Welcome! Wait! You were in Dallas/Ennis and didn't let us know?! Shame on you! We had one helluva, well...several great Mater Meetings! :eek::D

Mater meetings? Thats sounds interesting. Are they the kind that involves buying rounds of drinks?

LMAO! We fight over WHO will by the next. Ah-hem....actually, I don't buy many. :D

Kelly, you don't have to buy any because you're just a poor girl who gets dumped trackside and so we feel sorry for you because you're so sweet, kidnap you and make you stay an extra day, and then force you to consume mass quantities of your favorite adult beverage. Besides, it would probably be completely against the mater code to permit you to buy a beer.

Welcome Paul. Mater meetings are a must. What's better than hanging out trackside with a few people you "meet" online and share a common interest while enjoying a few cold ones?

And by the way, in may opinion, Vegas is the BEST! I've been to Brainerd, Indy, Joliet, and Vegas and Vegas is my favorite. This year though I'm adding Houston and probably Dallas to my resume.

Kelly, you don't have to buy any because you're just a poor girl who gets dumped trackside and so we feel sorry for you because you're so sweet, kidnap you and make you stay an extra day, and then force you to consume mass quantities of your favorite adult beverage. Besides, it would probably be completely against the mater code to permit you to buy a beer.

Welcome Paul. Mater meetings are a must. What's better than hanging out trackside with a few people you "meet" online and share a common interest while enjoying a few cold ones?

And by the way, in may opinion, Vegas is the BEST! I've been to Brainerd, Indy, Joliet, and Vegas and Vegas is my favorite. This year though I'm adding Houston and probably Dallas to my resume.

I've been to Houston once several years ago. Went to Dallas last year and plan on going back this year. I would really like to go to Vegas1 this year but I have several questions. I understand its easy getting from the airport to your hotel, but what about from the hotel to the track? I'd like to stay away from a rental car because 1. Most hotels out have more people in them then there is in the town I live in. I could probably get around ok but if I could stay away from it I would rather. 2 From the sound of it after a mater meeting I might not need to be driving. I search the forum and it sounds like the downtown hotels are the closest to the track. Is there some kind of bus service that goes to the track? what times does it run? I guess a taxie would work to? Never been to Vegas so this is new to me. I'm not even sure these questions are in the right place on the websight. Thanks for the help.

Paul Blackwell, welcome you'll have some fun with the Maters. Glad to have someone from my neck of the woods.:D

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back