Hattiesburg, Ms 10.5 race pic's. (1 Viewer)

Nice shots. Are you going to Huntsville next weekend? Should be some good action down there. I was hoping to have my car together to get down there and test it but looks like the closest I will get to being there with the car is having the race flyer with the picture of my car on it.

Nice shots. Are you going to Huntsville next weekend? Should be some good action down there. I was hoping to have my car together to get down there and test it but looks like the closest I will get to being there with the car is having the race flyer with the picture of my car on it.
I thought I read it was cancelled due to noise issues, but they were going to reschedule. Anyway I wont be there, I live in minnesota, I just swung by Hattiesburg to meet a friend there and shoot some pic's for a story.

The head-up race this weekend has been cancelled, but the ORSCA race next weekend is still on, as all those guys have mufflers anyway.

Yes the race is still on. Looks like Huntsville will be a track that has to shut down due to noise ordinances. I hate to see it if it comes to that. It is a shame people build house on top of a track that has been around for years and then want them to change or close down.

It doesn't look good.... The noise ordinance passed at the end of last year, which now requires mufflers on all vehicles and I believe an 11:00pm curfew, except for 3 special events per year.

Now the only 3 promod events will be Super Chevy, ADRL & Rocket City Nationals... That sux, Huntsville is my home track & in the past we've had one quick 8 per month.

George is having to move the Heads-Up series, most likely to Bama Dragway... Primarily for the 4.70 heads up class...

Believe me, the track was there first, opening for business in the '50's... Its a sad situation & a good example of big business & bought politicians.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back