Haskett starting 46th season with new look and new sponsors (1 Viewer)

When qualifying starts for the Amalie Oil Gatornationals on Friday one team with a new look as well as some new sponsors will be the Haskett Bros. Top Alcohol Funny Car Team out of Wilkesboro, North Carolina.

For team owner Bob Haskett, 2013 represents the 46th year that he has fielded a race car. Ranging from a Nitro Funny Car back in the 60’s to several Comp Eliminator machines, a match race Pro Mod car, a Top Alcohol Dragster to today’s Top Alcohol Funny Car, Haskett just loves to race. “Racing is my passion and allows me to spend time with my sons, Josh and Jared who make up the crew for the team.” said Haskett.

During the off season, Haskett brought the Firebird body back to his old stomping grounds of Long Island, New York where BonaFide Auto Collision of Patchogue sprayed the new black and red paint scheme. BonaFide owner Carmine Napolitano, who painted Haskett’s first Nitro car along with his son Patrick and grandson Patrick Jr., has also jumped on board to sponsor the team for the season.

In addition, new sponsorship has come from BehindtheScenez.net a race car photo website owned by official Auto Plus Raceway photographer Thomas Gaines. Said Gaines, “I am pleased to help the Haskett’s this year as they represent what a true family race team is.”

Additional sponsorship is coming from Victory 1 Performance of Mooresville, North Carolina a manufacturer of valve train components used by many of the top teams. For the Gainesville event, LFG Rigging a heavy crane operation of Patchogue, New York has also provided support.

Returning for his second season behind the wheel is New Jersey based Duane Beers, a former 2 time NHRA Division champion in the Super Comp class. “I am excited to get the season started, it’s been a long winter and I can’t wait to race. We’ve got our work cut out for us as qualifying will be tough but we’re ready” said Beers.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back