Has anyone ran the numbers to see how the 2018 countdown champions would compare to pre-countdown points champion?? (1 Viewer)

none

Nitro Member
I thought I heard something to the effect of "Some of the champions would have been the same" or all of them??? Steve Torrence for sure but haven't looked into the other classes...............anyone?????

I have a spreadsheet where I track the points from race to race for Top Fuel and Funny Car, including a separate column for the countdown adjustment. After I took the adjustment out, J.R. was still champion, but only about 90 points ahead of Courtney.

The Top 5 in PSM look like this:

Eddie Krawiec - 1457
L.E. Tonglet - 1277 (1 Countdown win)
Hector Arana Jr. - 1246 (2 Countdown wins)
Andrew Hines - 1237
Matt Smith - 1230 (3 Countdown wins)

It is bad that except for Torrence, I already forgot who won the titles

I have a spreadsheet where I track the points from race to race for Top Fuel and Funny Car, including a separate column for the countdown adjustment. After I took the adjustment out, J.R. was still champion, but only about 90 points ahead of Courtney.
Thank you for the info!!! I guess we are saying 3 out of 4 class champions would have been the same. I know my brother always looked at that. I am glad it turned out the same.........:)

Torrence would have won in Charlotte and Tanner would have won in Vegas. Eddie would have been the champ by qualifying at Pomona and JR and Courtney would have went into Pomona just 4 points apart.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back