Harley Davidson exclusiveness (1 Viewer)

Hector has credited Larry Morgan's Pro Stock engine building for his horsepower numbers. Once Larry Morgan started building his heads with Pro Stock technology, the horsepower came.

Hector Arana is a first-time NHRA champ at 51 - ESPN

It's been a very good partnership, that's for sure.

I talked to Hector after one of the Chicago races a few years back, before the HD era. We were talking about the difficulty of running a single bike team and trying to compete with Bryce and Hines. He told me back then that his biggest hurdle to overcome was getting his head ideas into working parts.

He went on to say that he had been let down many times when he'd go to someone with the necessary skills to build the parts, but if it proved successful his idea got spread all over the pits and the edge he should have had went to almost every team. Therefore, not an edge.

On the other hand, the ones he tried who kept their mouth shut tended not to be capable of doing the parts exactly as he wanted. As far as I know, no PS engine builders have ever dabbled into the Suzuki head, so he was dealing strictly with the motorcycle performance industry back then.

I could see the frustration on his face. At that time he was a regular but not exactly a powerhouse, so it somewhat surprised me he was so deeply into R&D and the "what if" thought process. I gained a lot of respect for him during that conversation.

I am in no way picking on either Andrew or Eddie, they are both excellent riders.
There always has been domination in the past for PSB, Matt Hines, Dave Schultz, John Myers, and Angelle, there was some grumbling even then. But it only lasted for a year at most. Back then most if not all (with the exception of Schultz for a year) were Suzuki.

The leased V&H inline 4s are (last I knew) sealed and no one except for V&H are allowed to split the cases or pull the heads.

To stir the pot-not only do V+H have the exclusivity of the HD, they do all the Suzukis in the field*--AND they have a Buell ridden by Chip Ellis. Easier to keep up with the Joneses when you know what they are running.

* At least I'm pretty sure they have them all-unsure about Jerry Savoie.

Picture this: how about L.E. on a 3rd Lucas Buell? Tons of power + consistant good lights? That would mix things up ! :)

I am in no way picking on either Andrew or Eddie, they are both excellent riders.
There always has been domination in the past for PSB, Matt Hines, Dave Schultz, John Myers, and Angelle, there was some grumbling even then. But it only lasted for a year at most. Back then most if not all (with the exception of Schultz for a year) were Suzuki.

The leased V&H inline 4s are (last I knew) sealed and no one except for V&H are allowed to split the cases or pull the heads.

V/H does not lease engines. They are owned and can be taken apart by their owners.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back