Happy birthday terry larsen!!! (1 Viewer)

Nebraski... methinks the youngster don't know the wonderful things they missed... heck I remember things before there was color TV....

Korve anyone?

d'kid

There used to not be color TV? That just isn't right.....You actually had to play your XBOX in black and white.......:D

Next thing you'll tell me is gas used to be like .10 a gallon......

There used to not be color TV? That just isn't right.....You actually had to play your XBOX in black and white.......:D

Next thing you'll tell me is gas used to be like .10 a gallon......

Cheapest I ever pumped Ethel was .18 a gallon... milk was delivered to the door, along with fresh bake goods, carton of smokes was $1.25... Yeah, I said Carton... dad paid 200 for mom's 57 chebby in '63... I paid 350 for my BB 65 Belvedere in 72... learned how to drive and ride a horse on my uncle's ranch in Ennis Montana summer of 67, I think... and shoot...

Video Games? Nintendo... 8 bit games... Dragon Warrior series we my favs...
d'kid

Last edited:
Ok, let's see if we can cover this--Banacek was a tv series for about 3 years--and yes, it was the A team George Peppard. Each show began with an impossible theft, and after the insurance companies had exhausted their investigative abilities, they HAD to go to Banacek, an independent, albeit very hard to work with insurance investigator. He always ended the show with all people called together in true Agatha Christie style to disclose how the crime was committed and who the guilty party was (guilty party was always in attendance). Hmmm, color tv came to my house when I was in junior high and was a really big deal when it happened. And by the way, at that time we only got one channel. And the cheapest gas I bought was ethyl for my 4 speed 64 Chevelle for .19 a gallon on Cornhusker Highway (home of the gas wars-remember those?) in Lincoln when I was a freshman in college. The old man has spoketh

. Hmmm, color tv came to my house when I was in junior high and was a really big deal when it happened. And by the way, at that time we only got one channel.

I remember when we only had three channels & when you wanted to change the channel you actually had to get up & turn the knob to change it!!!!

I remember when we only had three channels & when you wanted to change the channel you actually had to get up & turn the knob to change it!!!!

I also remember the days before ATM's, cellphones, PC's, iPods, etc... It's funny to watch an episode of Rockford files to see James Garner pull over to use a pay phone! The things we take for granted these days!

I also remember the days before ATM's, cellphones, PC's, iPods, etc... It's funny to watch an episode of Rockford files to see James Garner pull over to use a pay phone! The things we take for granted these days!

Rockford Files! There's a great one, Joe! I am hearing the theme song in the back of my mind right now!!! James Garner (and his dad--was that Noah Beery playing that role?) were so good in that--and if I remember correctly, there was Angel, and I think a character played by Isaac Hayes that always called him "Rockfish" right?

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back