Hang On, Wilk! (1 Viewer)

Terry

Nitro Member
I'm putting this up since I know Tim checks in here once in a while. I have been dreading seeing happen what happened Sunday at Vegas--Nothing against Cruz at all, but I sure hated to see Wilk lose his points lead after fighting so valiantly all season against the empires. I'm certainly not counting him out at all, but it's gonna be a little tougher now that he's in second and two rounds back--how big is that oildown penalty now???
Anyway, I'm pulling for Tim because I believe it is gonna be the last chance we will have to see an "independent" single car team win an NHRA Pro championship--it's the end of an era and I sure hope Wilk can close it with his first championship. Go Wilk! There's a lot of us behind you!!!

Definitely think that Wilk can do it. Win Pomona and the Championship is his, regardless of what anyone else does.

Well, since my boy "FLAP JACK" forgot to put an extra .010 in the box 1st round...:rolleyes:

PULLIN FOR WILK TO WIN OUT IN POMONA!!!!

....of course Jack could win the race, and the other 4 guys DNQ????:D:D

Good Luck Wilk!!! Bring it home!

Is anyone here still doing the math to show where everyone would be points wise going into Pomona under the old system?

Good post Terry, well said.

Hearing his interview with Reinhart, yesterday was a real kick in the stomach! You could tell Wilk was down. I felt bummed for the rest of the audiocast after that.

Not to worry though, not far out of the lead, the Cruzer and Rahn may be running hot right now, but I believe Tim can pull it out at Pomona!!

GO WILK :)

I am pulling for Wilk!
Nothing against Cruz or Tony. They're good guys.
Tim has always treated me well, besides he's another FIP.

Lee
Nitroclovers

under the correct system Tim would have have the lead (maybe even clinched, if not it'd be close)

Now he has to have a one race battle to get what he has already earned throughout the season just so some part time fan can get all excited because they think its a playoff.

Just one more reason why the countdown blows. I hope Tim comes through with a win at Pomona

I'm pulling for Wilk all the way. I know I'd buy a championship t-shirt if they were sold

...but it's gonna be a little tougher now that he's in second and two rounds back--how big is that oildown penalty now???

I redid the math all day yesterday and he's only 12 back of Cruz. No matter where they each qualify, Tim only has to go 1 round further than Cruz or win outright if they both meet in the finals.

One interesting scenario is this: If Cruz qualifies #1 and Wilk were to qualify #16 and Wilk wins over Cruz in the finals Wilk wins it by 1 point. WOW!

That being said, there's still 5 drivers in the hunt. Positions 6 thru 10 are mathematically eliminated since there are no records available.

Anyway, I'm pulling for Tim because I believe it is gonna be the last chance we will have to see an "independent" single car team win an NHRA Pro championship--it's the end of an era and I sure hope Wilk can close it with his first championship. Go Wilk! There's a lot of us behind you!!!

Amen to that! GO WILK!!!!!!!!!!

under the correct system Tim would have have the lead (maybe even clinched, if not it'd be close)

Now he has to have a one race battle to get what he has already earned throughout the season just so some part time fan can get all excited because they think its a playoff.

Just one more reason why the countdown blows. I hope Tim comes through with a win at Pomona

Let's not forget that there's also 1 extra race this year. (Charlotte)

Tim would have it clinched at Vegas with a 134 point lead.
Here's the points under the old system. Current points system Position=():

01-Wilkerson(2)------1608
02-Hight(3)----------1474
03-T, Pedregon(4)---1451
04-C. Pedregon(1)---1404
05-Beckman(5)------1293
06-A. Force(6)------1254
07-J. Force(7)------1129
08-Densham(10)-----1091
09-Capps(8)--------1090
10-Neff(9)----------1077

It's a twelve point lead...less than 1 round...certainly not a reason to get into a twist......been there, done that.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back