GT Tonglet still seeking consistent laps from new Nitro Fish PSM (1 Viewer)

INDIANAPOLIS – Stymied for much of the season by an elusive performance hiccup, GT Tonglet is going back to basics Friday when qualifying begins for the 57th annual Mac Tools U.S. Nationals – NHRA’s signature event – at Lucas Oil Raceway.

“We’ve changed just about everything and the motor still lays over down track,” said Tonglet of the Nitro Fish/Tonglet Racing Suzuki GSXR Pro Stock Motorcycle. “Now I’m going to do something for Friday’s first pass that I’ve wanted to try.

“There won’t be any electronics on the bike except what it takes to run it. That way we should be able to rule out some areas after the run. Finding this trouble spot has taken so long. You know, with all the knowledge we have, I’m surprised we haven’t been able to find it.”

Gary Tonglet, team owner and father of GT and LE, the reigning series champion, designed the all-aluminum frame and GT has qualified four times.

“We have been close to running decent times, but that went away,” GT said. “We did make some progress at the last race, even though we didn’t qualify.” His best was 7.117 seconds, a few ticks behind the 16th time of 7.050.

“We need to figure this out before the races run out.”

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back