Grubby vs JR (1 Viewer)

Looks like Grubby had to back up again to re aim the car while JR waited?

Do you think it screwed them both?

If it had been a Hartley or Palmer wanting to do it against Kallitta.........probably wouldnt fly with Rick Stewart.

It was funny to see Conrad putting Jimmy Walsh in his place! Conrad is one guy I wouldn't mess with, I don't care how old he is.

Nah; either way Grubnic got 'em. And you're right - rather than trying to stir up Connie's temper.... you'd be safer tearing down a wasp nest by hand!

I hear the track wasn't what it has been in the past. Good yes, but not Great.

question

Did either team do anything that would be considered "unethical"?

Just asking.

too bad they didn't get the mics in fast enough to catch the conversation between Connie and Jimmy, huh?

Grubbie seriously outpedalled JR there, doncha think?

-85% jimmy

Looks like Grubby had to back up again to re aim the car while JR waited?

Do you think it screwed them both?

If it had been a Hartley or Palmer wanting to do it against Kallitta.........probably wouldnt fly with Rick Stewart.

Was I seeing/hearing things or did Connie drop an F Bomb on the broadcast?

One of my all-time favorite pics. You can almost hear Scott thinking to himself... "Oh sh*#, here we go again"!

Here's Mr. Kalitta no doubt wishing someone to have a nice day.......

www.dragracingonline.com/backdoor/viii_3-1.html

Sure, we rag on the old man. But don't kid yourself... behind that famous temper he has a heart of Gold, and those around him both in business and racing love him more than anything. They'd do anything for him and he'd do anything for them.
You go, Connie!!! Tell it like it is!

You better "pack a lunch" if you wanna "tee off" with Connie Kalitta! He won't take an ounce of crap off anyone. I love it.

I think the real problem was with the geniuses at nhra scraping the starting line area prior to that round.

One of my all-time favorite pics. You can almost hear Scott thinking to himself... "Oh sh*#, here we go again"!

Here's Mr. Kalitta no doubt wishing someone to have a nice day.......

www.dragracingonline.com/backdoor/viii_3-1.html

Sure, we rag on the old man. But don't kid yourself... behind that famous temper he has a heart of Gold, and those around him both in business and racing love him more than anything. They'd do anything for him and he'd do anything for them.
You go, Connie!!! Tell it like it is!

Geez, how old is that photo?
Is that NHRA or IHRA guys wearing "referees" uniforms? :rolleyes:
Whose ideal was that?

Gotta love Scott's socks, huh? Circa 1982?

The miscommunication about where to put Grubby on the starting line probably added 10-15 seconds to his time taken to pre-stage...which can seriously heat up a clutch and burn a bunch of fuel...for both cars. Whatever happened affected both cars equally and David did a better job taming the beast. Does it suck? Yeah...but that's why we don't just award the number 1 qualifier the Wally, the points, and the money. We race.

Ya know...you might add Walsh to that list of people to have in a bar fight. He's a big dude!

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back