Grove (1 Viewer)

Outlook getting better...

mgrove3.png

LoL Bob, you can study that until Monday and it's not going to make any difference. I've been to the track with 100% chance of rain and raced all day, and I've been there with a 10% chance when I needed a boat to get out of the parking lot.

It's going to do whatever it's going to do, and no forecast is going to change it. That's why I never even waste time looking at them.

Alan

Well, aren't you a little ray of sunshine (as usual) why don't you tell us what weekend would be better next year?

Alan
Thank you Alan for your positive comment on my post. I don't have a crystal ball to tell the weather for next year but do have National Weather Service data, as do you, for this year and it doesn't look good. It has already been said that the pits are already flooded and have talked to one of the major team rig drivers who has said it is a total mess. I hope it goes but the east coast hurricane is causing problems, so nobody knows what's going to happen. We ony know today and it's raining.

I lived in the North East for many years and I lost count how many trips we made from Connecticut to Maple Grove and then back home again due to rain.
I know that this year the folks at Island Dragway I believe only got in two good weekends of racing due to rain every weekend.

Jim Hill
www.nostalgicracingdecals.com

LoL Bob, you can study that until Monday and it's not going to make any difference. I've been to the track with 100% chance of rain and raced all day, and I've been there with a 10% chance when I needed a boat to get out of the parking lot.

It's going to do whatever it's going to do, and no forecast is going to change it. That's why I never even waste time looking at them.

Alan

Aww mannn....major drag dude.....killin my mojo man!

hippydippy.jpg

Thank you Alan for your positive comment on my post. I don't have a crystal ball to tell the weather for next year but do have National Weather Service data, as do you, for this year and it doesn't look good. It has already been said that the pits are already flooded and have talked to one of the major team rig drivers who has said it is a total mess. I hope it goes but the east coast hurricane is causing problems, so nobody knows what's going to happen. We ony know today and it's raining.
Any pics of the pits???

I would much rather be here at the Grove with a little rain then in Charlotte where we usually are at this time with a hurricane heading that way. It looked to me like every team that is here got parked without any problems today...and the prime rib was awesome as usual on Wed night at the Shady Maple. Even Bo Butner and his gang were there having a good time.:D

Been there once. Enjoyed it. Setting reminded me of Seattle. I would go back but usually have a conflict with the date. Plus I try not to go to events east of Indy as T live in California. Next year I am going to Richmond as it is the only NHRA track I haven't been to and Gainesville for the 50th. Surprised I can fly directly into Gainesville on American.

Been there once. Enjoyed it. Setting reminded me of Seattle. I would go back but usually have a conflict with the date. Plus I try not to go to events east of Indy as T live in California. Next year I am going to Richmond as it is the only NHRA track I haven't been to and Gainesville for the 50th. Surprised I can fly directly into Gainesville on American.
Dire
Direct from Charlotte

Just a true story about Maple Grove. The Safety Safari was in charge of pit parking. I have the 53' parts trailer with a long nose "Pete", 80,000 lbs. gross. They told me where to park, I said I would never be able to get out, they said we will get you out. NHRA called the race early, but told their crew 30 minutes ahead of the announcement. Went to get out, stuck and was told for $500 a heavy duty wrecker would get me out. To this day I fully believe that a racer that has trouble on the track has a better chance with fellow racers coming over the wall to help than with the Safety Safari. Waiting for the defenders of the NHRA, flame away.

maybe I'm pigheaded, but I never follow what someone says to do when it comes to parking my car in a questionable spot....I can F things up on my own quite nicely, I don't need some supposed person in charge to put me in a tough spot!

Case in point (besides the homeowners trying to get me to park on their lawns for $$$)...at the Hershey AACA meet, my Dad wanted close, handicap parking. So the first attendant says "I don't think you are allowed down there, but you can go down the road and ask that next guy up there".
Get to that guy, tell him (when he says I'm going the wrong way) "the guy down there says the handicap parking's up here".
"Oh, well, umm, I didn't hear anything about that but go down and ask that guy." We travel ahead and get to the last attendant/security guy and say to him "those 2 guys back there said we should park over there next the show cars for handicapped parking".
"Well, I guess it's where they want you, just pull in close and don't block anybody."
"Thankyou!" No problem. And never had to grease someone's palm, as long as you act like you know what you're doing

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back