Grove (1 Viewer)

stop hating on this place. i love going there. always great racing. beautiful surroundings.great crowds. i guess that alot of my fellow maters have prostrate problems. i hit the port a potties once during the race and maybe before i leave cause i have a long trip home. but i dont care about bathrooms. i care about racing

stop hating on this place. i love going there. always great racing. beautiful surroundings.great crowds. i guess that alot of my fellow maters have prostrate problems. i hit the port a potties once during the race and maybe before i leave cause i have a long trip home. but i dont care about bathrooms. i care about racing
Agreed. Maple Grove is one of those tracks with a really magical feel, IMO. The only issue, to me, is the weather, which cannot be controlled, like many events, that is a bit of a roulette game. Otherwise, this is definitely one of my favorite stops on the tour. And, they have the Dutch Classic the week after the National, which is a Sportsman race that goes back a long time.

Everything about going to Maple Grove is a pain. There is nowhere close to fly into, all the hotels are 30-45 minutes away, and driving the rig into the track sucks because for some reason there is no such thing as a straight and flat road in Pennsylvania. All that being said, I love going there and it is one of my favorite tracks. The fans are outstanding, the setting is one of the most unique you will find anywhere, and the staff have always treated me and the teams I race with very well. I haven't been for a few years, but I look forward to my next trip there!

Here's your Hippy-dippy weatherman for this weekend's forecast....

1274921_1.jpg
mgrove.png

Agreed. Maple Grove is one of those tracks with a really magical feel, IMO. The only issue, to me, is the weather, which cannot be controlled, like many events, that is a bit of a roulette game. Otherwise, this is definitely one of my favorite stops on the tour. And, they have the Dutch Classic the week after the National, which is a Sportsman race that goes back a long time.
Dutch Classic ... Sept 27-30

These races are not back to back this year

Everything about going to Maple Grove is a pain. There is nowhere close to fly into, all the hotels are 30-45 minutes away, and driving the rig into the track sucks because for some reason there is no such thing as a straight and flat road in Pennsylvania. All that being said, I love going there and it is one of my favorite tracks. The fans are outstanding, the setting is one of the most unique you will find anywhere, and the staff have always treated me and the teams I race with very well. I haven't been for a few years, but I look forward to my next trip there!
The downside of paving the horse/buggy trails .....

I agree it’s a cool place I remember my first time going there last year going over that hill on Friday evening and hearing fuel funny cars and seeing the finish line it was awesome definitely a special race track.

Maple Grove is special, even tho they keep moving the schedule, The rain will follow. The best, Looking over you shoulder to see the Amish enjoy it too.

Weather report shows rain and thunder storms off and on for friday/Saturday. Should be another NHRA fiasco, what's new.

Weather report shows rain and thunder storms off and on for friday/Saturday. Should be another NHRA fiasco, what's new.

Well, aren't you a little ray of sunshine (as usual) why don't you tell us what weekend would be better next year?

Alan

Well, aren't you a little ray of sunshine (as usual) why don't you tell us what weekend would be better next year?

Alan

maybe....just maybe they could have switched with the E-Town date instead of giving it to VA. Hey, at least the track would dry faster in the heat... since we all know it would rain there anyway!~:)~

the reason it rains in Reading is because the Amish are praying for it so hard....for their crops and to keep those noisy "english" away ;)

weather is getting a little better....we'll see day by day (watch the hurricane throw a monkey wrench into this...)

mgrove2.png

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back