Greatest Sportsman Racer (1 Viewer)

Joker

Nitro Member
I just thought that since we always debate the greatest T/F, F/C/, P/S driver etc, why not start this one? I would say the best combo between sportsman racing and big $$$ bracket racing.

My vote: Scotty Richardson

Closely followed by (in no particular order): Edmond Richardson, David Rampy, Dan Fletcher, Jeg Coughlin Jr, and many others.

well i cant say just one but like all the guys you have already posted plus i would have to add a couple of my picks.
bucky austin
pat austin
rick santos
blaine johnson
and a couple of local boys that are pretty good bill heard gary errickson mike ferderer joe sorensen jody lang... theres more but those would be honerable mensions:)

No bad names on this thread. Really tough for me. I'll go with Rambo, kind of like his car and class choice too.;) :D

Gotta be Rampy. Outstanding guy to boot!
Funny nobody mentioned either Richardson......

Rampy without a doubt. More National event wins than most of the Pros.

It's hard to speculate where the Richardson brothers would figure into this had they kept racing a regular schedule instead of going in the direction they have with big bracket events and Edmond's racing school. I do know Pennzoil was giving them decent money to race in the 90's. Perhaps when that deal ended, they decided the grind of the tour wasn't worth it.

I'm always impressed with the guys who can jump into different cars and still win.

Rampy, Fletcher and Jeg would be my top 3, it doesn't matter what order

Rampy without a doubt. More National event wins than most of the Pros.

It's hard to speculate where the Richardson brothers would figure into this had they kept racing a regular schedule instead of going in the direction they have with big bracket events and Edmond's racing school. I do know Pennzoil was giving them decent money to race in the 90's. Perhaps when that deal ended, they decided the grind of the tour wasn't worth it.
Scotty made a bigger commitment to his family. That's why he doesn't chase the circus anymore. And why should he? He made nearly $500,000 bracket racing last year.

My opinion is that the Alchohol classes are NOT Sportsman racers. They are more semi-pro.

With that said, my Top Five looks like this...

1. Scotty Richardson
2. David Rampey
3. Peter Biondo
4. Kevin Helms
5. Kyle Seipel

Alcohol...

1. Rick Santos
2. Frank Manzo
3. Pat Austin
4. Bob Newberry
5. Blaine Johnson

I gotta go with Rambo because comp is tough in the sense that you gotta know when to give it up so that you are in a position to race another day.

For the shoe polish classes (stock and super stock), I gotta go with (in alphabetical order) a DeFrank (forget which is the better of the two), Fletcher,
Peter Biondo, Sal Biondo, and Lee Zane (and I'm not just saying that because he drives my comp car). There are a bunch of up-and-comers here in D1 who could soon be added to that list-anyone who races stock or super stock in d1 had my admiration for being willing to race with a tough group of competitors.

jimmy defrank i think? man those guy were bad to the bone afew years ago when they were the defrank and cohen cudas:D i loved to watch those cars launch wheels straight up to heaven

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back