Great Bernstein Article (1 Viewer)

That was a good read and Kenny is a very smart and successful man worth listening to.

That being said, I find it VERY hilarious he is talking about escalating costs when NO ONE IN THE HISTORY OF THE SPORT raised the price of poker more than KB. Dual mags, lockup clutches and timers, computers, exotic bodies in Funny Car, big rigs and hospitality tents can all be laid right at his feet. I guess it was all fine when he had Armstrong and the sponsor dollars ...

Well Chris, that's the point! He knows what he did, but it was because he could. And if you have the resources, who isn't going to do what it takes to stay ahead of the pack? It's the very nature of racing.

and he'd still probably be out there with brandon if nhra hadn't hit such a slump in popularity / attendance / tv ratings. you don't see the ubiquitous american beer brands abandoning nascar........was a real eye opener when coors, bud, and miller all exited......ouch.

That was a good read and Kenny is a very smart and successful man worth listening to.

That being said, I find it VERY hilarious he is talking about escalating costs when NO ONE IN THE HISTORY OF THE SPORT raised the price of poker more than KB. Dual mags, lockup clutches and timers, computers, exotic bodies in Funny Car, big rigs and hospitality tents can all be laid right at his feet. I guess it was all fine when he had Armstrong and the sponsor dollars ...
Back when Kenny was doing that, Snake was the one calling for NHRA to reign in the costs....

A long time ago, I believe Garlits told NHRA, don't let them take the heads off between rounds, because that would be the beginning of things getting out of control (in so many words).

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back