Great article by Densmore (1 Viewer)

Great article, hope he keeps on speaking NHRA needs someone like him. I hope Peter Clifford gets on the ball quick, he doesn't have much time.

I don't know the answer, but has Bill France Jr ever driven a race car? Has Bill Bader Jr?

Wally had hot rodding and racing in his blood. I don't know about Bill Bader Jr., but at least he operates a drag strip and is intimately familiar with the needs and wants of racers (his father was when I raced there years ago...). Do the bean counter presidents have that experience?

Don't get me wrong; I wish Peter much success, and the sport itself even more. My concern is that having been groomed under Compton the focus will remain on building the NHRA brand more than growing the sport. That is the downfall of some companies: concentrating on the corporation while ignoring the product and those who produce it. To me there seems to be a disconnect at NHRA headquarters and a failure to grasp that without the sport, the brand is worthless. Still, I hold hope that Peter will usher in a new day.

I sure hope Clifford shows that he loves NHRA drag racing rather than just saying he does. He can do this by working to better the show by making it readily available to racers, offering better deals so we don't see so many fan attendance gaps in the stands on race-day Sunday (like we did at Norwalk), make the media feel that they're wanted (Densy got that part so right) and needed, and yes, give us Pro Stock that's on the upswing with new technology (well, new to that class) like EFI that will take away some of the exorbitant costs of doing business... just a start from this end of the forum

It should not be a racer in charge, but the membership should have a say in who is in charge. That interview was a "dog and pony show" put on by the official mouth piece on the NHRA. You would have got just a little more from CompPlus. They don't want to offend anyone, afraid if they do they will not talk to them again.

It should not be a racer in charge, but the membership should have a say in who is in charge. That interview was a "dog and pony show" put on by the official mouth piece on the NHRA. You would have got just a little more from CompPlus. They don't want to offend anyone, afraid if they do they will not talk to them again.

So true, cept for Jon Asher, who isn't a full-timer.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back