Goodbye Gary, we'll miss ya! (2 Viewers)

Thanks Gary, I've really enjoyed you over the years in Drag Racing and Indy Car. Don't stay a stranger and enjoy your retirement.

I wonder if this has anything to do with the switch in broadcasting networks for next year. Hopefully Dave, Mike and John won't be making similar announcements.

Wonder if ESPN is going to let him finish out this year, or did he get "Force-d" out early. (where's that tongue in cheek smiley)

Thanks G man. You are the best. I have always enjoyed your contribution. You are a real pro and I will miss you. If you stick with basketball, enjoy it.

thanks for everything gary; grew up listening to and watching you.....your talent will be missed. i remember your nhra coverage from nbc sportsworld in early 90's.....for some reason i recall one of those races (mite have been columbus) that even tom hoover took home a trophy that day.....enjoy finally getting away from the hectic traveling schedule. yours will be tough shoes to fill.

G-man has also been the announcer for the Sacramento Kings for the past 27 years so the retirement is well earned.

I've always liked him, hope he enjoys retirement.

Now who gets top end, Alan? Jamie? Kernan?

Gary, my young (at the time) son and I really enjoyed chatting with you at his first NHRA National event in Seattle many years ago. Best wishes in your retirement!

I have been a fan of Gary's for a long time, from his pit reporting at the Indy 500 in the early 90s all the way thru his excellent stint with the NHRA in more recent years. He will be missed.

Gary is a class act. The measure of a broadcaster is not just how he handles and conveys the happy times, but also the way they handle tragedy. I will never forget the delicate and emotional way that they handled the death of Scott Kalitta. Classy, respectful and poignant. Not an easy job , despite what people think.

Have a great retirement Gary, you've earned it.

Vin Skully may retire at the end of next year after his 67th season with the Dodgers. Maybe he would be interested in doing the top end interviews.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back