Emmons’ Hope to Super Start End of Season Trek in Texas (1 Viewer)

Ennis, TX – The Emmons ‘boys’ pull into the Texas Motorplex in Ennis with hopes as big as Texas. The family has a rich history at the famed Texas venue that hosts the O’Reilly Super Start Batteries Fall Nationals. Youngest triplet Gary has been on a hot streak in his Super Stock Firebird since the season began with a new power plant from Jeff Taylor Performance. He hopes to make a move towards the top of the national point standings and add another victory at Texas Motorplex for his family. In addition, this weekend’s event will include five other Lucas Oil backed Emmons Motorsports entries, as Terry, Jerry and Gary will all be competing in both Stock and Super Stock.

Last weekend Jerry and Gary ventured to No Problem Raceway Park to run Cajun Sportsman Challenge Lucas Oil Division 4 event in Belle Rose, LA. While Jerry and Gary fell in the opening and second round of Stock, respectively, the duo made some noise in Super Stock. Jerry and Gary drove great and were scheduled to meet in round 3 when Jerry had mechanical problems and was unable to make the call. Gary took full advantage of his ‘competition bye’ and dialed his car in for the next few rounds. Gary would eventually ‘red light’ in the finals against national points leader Jimmy DeFrank, Jr.. This continued run of late round finishes places Gary second in Division 4 points and fifth in national points standings with hopes to move up the rankings, having a full event to earn divisional points for the season and two full races for final national points standings.

“I’m a racer and there is no one I like to beat more than one of my brothers; unfortunately, mechanical woes happen and that is a part of this game,” states Jerry Emmons. “We are going into Dallas with a great deal of momentum and hopefully that will pay dividends. I need to get back to consistent late round finishes to increase my division and national points standings. Nonetheless, this weekend holds more enthusiasm and accountability for us as we are also announcing the launching of our new website – www.EmmonsRacing.com,” completes Jerry.

“Gary has been driving really well lately and I hope I can compete against him this weekend,” adds Terry Emmons. He continues, “I have been plagued with making mistakes at the wrong time. Sometimes you get on a streak and can get away with it; however, I have not been able to get away with any as of late. Now with the website intact, our fans and sponsors alike can see every detail from the races and I want to make the most of my race finishes, if nothing else for my pride,” ends Terry, while chuckling.

“I have had a lot of fun thus far this season,” comments Gary Emmons. “I definitely want the fortune to continue for a few more events and see how the points end up. It has been a while since I have really been in a position to chase the top of national points, so this should get very exciting,” concludes Gary.

“In addition to this weekends racing activities the boys’ are also proud to announce the launching of their new website – Welcome to Emmons Motorsports!. It is a great source for fans to find out about the Emmons family, their history, racing results, photos and much more,” comments Team PR Manager Katie Johnson. “Myself and the Emmons feel this is a beautiful site; one that all of the marketing partners will be pleased to have their name on.”

To learn more about your favorite Emmons and their racing pleas visit
Welcome to Emmons Motorsports!.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back