Has this ever happened before? (1 Viewer)

Mike

Nitro Member
What are the odds of this happening for the same family on the same date?

Statement of Action Against Participant​

Jerry Emmons was disqualified from the Division 4 Event 41 in his Super Stock entry for excessive breaking. Mr. Emmons will receive 0 points from the event which will be charged as 1 of the driver’s 8 eligible divisional or 5 national scored events for the current season. The disqualification is not appealable.

Harvey Emmons was disqualified from the Division 4 Event 41 in his Stock entry for violating the window net, helmet visor, neck collar and glove requirements. Mr. Emmons will receive 0 points from the event which will be charged as 1 of the driver’s 8 eligible divisional or 5 national scored events for the current season. The disqualification is not appealable.

The excessive braking DQ is more understandable than the 4 alleged separate safety violations on the part of Harvey Emmons regarding items that should be no-brainers. Emmons ain't no rank ass amateur, after all.....I wouldn't think he'd cut corners in this area.....

I was watching the Div 4 event on line. They show the cars from behind all the way down, so easy to see who brakes too much. Some of the cars got a little sideways cuz of breaking early. Would not wanna do that at the speeds they're running.

What are the odds of this happening for the same family on the same date?

Jerry Emmons was disqualified from the Division 4 Event 41 in his Super Stock entry for excessive breaking. Mr. Emmons will receive 0 points from the event which will be charged as 1 of the driver’s 8 eligible divisional or 5 national scored events for the current season. The disqualification is not appealable.

Harvey Emmons was disqualified from the Division 4 Event 41 in his Stock entry for violating the window net, helmet visor, neck collar and glove requirements. Mr. Emmons will receive 0 points from the event which will be charged as 1 of the driver’s 8 eligible divisional or 5 national scored events for the current season. The disqualification is not appealable.
The second violation, I'll bet that all were removed in the shutdown area of the track...as for braking, not the first time an Emmons has been busted for this, including at the Arizona Nationals https://competitionplus.com/CPSportsman/emmons-believes-nhra-cheated-him-out-of-a-round-win

Speaking as a bracket racer, these guys need a one year vacation spent sitting in the grandstands watching how the safe and professional sportsman racers conduct themselves. I would be uncomfortable staging against anyone who thinks hard braking in the lights is in line with NHRA long time motto Dedicated to Safety. If his sponsors think this dangerous &^$! is ok, I am ok with not using their products.

I know a guy that runs Stock/SuperStock that told another racer(that is known for excessive braking) that if he brake hard and run into his car, he better put his hands up because he would get his a$$ whipped.

that clan has a long history of this unsafe finish line driving behavior. i for one would not want to race against them for fear of losing my operation because of their stupidity. they all need a one year "vacation" IMO.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back