Good places to go after this weekend’s Vegas race? (1 Viewer)

TSK

Staff member
Nitro Member
Where do the racers and fans like to go after watching the races in Vegas?
My wife and I are heading to Vegas tomorrow morning.
There was a great bar/restaurant in Gainesville that y’all recommended (can’t remember the name) and we had a great time.
Richie Crampton and his crew showed up and brought their top fuel Wally.
I’m not looking to wander around the Vegas strip downtown.
Are there any good out of the way places?

Where do the racers and fans like to go after watching the races in Vegas?
My wife and I are heading to Vegas tomorrow morning.
There was a great bar/restaurant in Gainesville that y’all recommended (can’t remember the name) and we had a great time.
Richie Crampton and his crew showed up and brought their top fuel Wally.
I’m not looking to wander around the Vegas strip downtown.
Are there any good out of the way places?
I can’t tell you where it is but it’s not real close to the track and it’s definitely out of the way but the food is fantastic. The Roadkill Grill. Bar B Que at its best in my opinion.

I can’t tell you where it is but it’s not real close to the track and it’s definitely out of the way but the food is fantastic. The Roadkill Grill. Bar B Que at its best in my opinion.
Thanks John. I just looked it up. 3730 Thom Blvd.
I love some good barbecue.
For me, the best barbecue I’ve eaten is at the Hard 8 on Hwy 281 in Stephenville, TX.
We’re in Vegas for a week. We’ll check it out.
Thanks again.

I would really like to go there someday.

Just off the middle of the strip is the "LINQ Promenade". Kind of an alleyway starting beside the LINQ hotel in the middle of the strip. Lots of nice restaurants along this corridor that ends at the 550' tall "High Roller Observation Wheel", a worthwhile experience, especially at night. On that corridor one of the eateries is Virgil's Real BBQ. My wife and I went there just before Covid hit and it was good at that time. Also in that corridor there is even an In-N-Out Burger, and the Tilted Kilt Pub had great fish & chips. I love Vegas (even though I don't gamble), so I am jealous of your week there ! Enjoy !

its a bit away from the track but water street in downtown henderson is fun . lots of breweries and restaurants and pubs.

Lots of good places to eat around Las Vegas. While I haven’t tried any of the other BBQ places listed, Jesse Rae’s is my favorite. It’s a hole in the wall a block west of Allegiant Stadium on Valley View and Russell. Tacos El Gordo is another favorite as well. There are several around Las Vegas.

We just got back from Fremont Street. Our hotel is just a block or two away. We saw one of the funniest things we’ve ever seen. I’ve still got tears in my eyes from laughing so hard.
Some street performer had a piece of elastic tied to his backward facing ball cap. On the end of elastic was a tennis ball. He was batting it like he was a cat playing with himself.
I didn’t take any video because I was laughing too hard.
I hope it wasn’t a brother to any of y’all.

We just got back from Fremont Street. Our hotel is just a block or two away. We saw one of the funniest things we’ve ever seen. I’ve still got tears in my eyes from laughing so hard.
Some street performer had a piece of elastic tied to his backward facing ball cap. On the end of elastic was a tennis ball. He was batting it like he was a cat playing with himself.
I didn’t take any video because I was laughing too hard.
I hope it wasn’t a brother to any of y’all.
I'd love for my sister to practice that with a pool or bowling ball. :)

Have fun Ted.

Lol. Ray, you owe me for a new screen protector for my phone.
The guy reminded us of Mel Brooks, “The honorable William J. Lepetomaine”, in the most quotable movie of all time: Blazing Saddles, when he tried playing with those paddle ball toys.

We’re currently at Viva Zapata’s, about five miles from the track. It’s OK.
About the race; this was our first 4-wide event. When four fuel cars go WOT at once, in my wife’s words, it is quite impressive.
But, it’s a lot to process.

What’s the deal with not being able to take cameras with detachable lenses into the track? I looked on the LVMS web site and there was no mention about forbidden cameras. This is the first track where I’ve run into such a limitation.
Thankfully I took my mirrorless Nikon today. At first the security people weren’t going to let me take it because it has a detachable lens. I told them I had to take the lens off so it would fit into my small camera bag.
It sounds like I won’t be able to take my D300 Nikon in on Sunday because it’s a much bigger camera and the lens for it is about a foot long.

Don't they realize that you are a multi-time award winning photographer Ted. I find this unfathomable, just as a fan wanting to enter and take some pictures of my trip and experience.

I'm shaking my head like the tennis ball dude. 👮‍♂️🤷‍♂️
It don't make no sense.

What’s the deal with not being able to take cameras with detachable lenses into the track? I looked on the LVMS web site and there was no mention about forbidden cameras. This is the first track where I’ve run into such a limitation.
Thankfully I took my mirrorless Nikon today. At first the security people weren’t going to let me take it because it has a detachable lens. I told them I had to take the lens off so it would fit into my small camera bag.
It sounds like I won’t be able to take my D300 Nikon in on Sunday because it’s a much bigger camera and the lens for it is about a foot long.

I've never heard of this before. We went to the 2012 fall national event in Vegas, and I went to the 2020 NASCAR race in Vegas and brought my Nikon with 2 lenses without any issues. Also went to the 2018 Charlotte 4 Wides (same track owner) with this camera. Must be something new ? Has anyone ever heard of this before ?

I just tried calling the track for clarification about cameras. But the office is closed.
There is absolutely nothing about cameras on their FAQ page.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back