Going to Vegas 2...one question... (1 Viewer)

Kris

Nitro Member
So, I booked my trip to Vegas online a couple nights ago.

Plane tickets? Check.
Rental car? Check.
Lodging, free of charge, because I have friends who love me? Check.
Vegas 2 ACDelco Nationals tickets? Uhh.

OK. I've never paid for tickets for a race before. And um, I've never been to Las Vegas Motor Speedway.

Suggestions requested. Should I buy tickets online? I'm going the whole weekend. I think I'll drag my husband along on Sunday. Could I get away with buying tickets when I get into town? Should I just beg someone I know for tickets or arrange a media credential?

Oh. Where should I sit?

I posted this in here because the race is still a few months away and since this is more planning than race related...

TIA

So, I booked my trip to Vegas online a couple nights ago.

Plane tickets? Check.
Rental car? Check.
Lodging, free of charge, because I have friends who love me? Check.
Vegas 2 ACDelco Nationals tickets? Uhh.

OK. I've never paid for tickets for a race before. And um, I've never been to Las Vegas Motor Speedway.

Suggestions requested. Should I buy tickets online? I'm going the whole weekend. I think I'll drag my husband along on Sunday. Could I get away with buying tickets when I get into town? Should I just beg someone I know for tickets or arrange a media credential?

Oh. Where should I sit?

I posted this in here because the race is still a few months away and since this is more planning than race related...

TIA

Obviously purchasing tickets ahead of time would be the best way to go, but you could walk up and buy them at the gate & still get good seats (if you're buying just one ticket). I usually go to races by myself, or meet up with friends while there.
There isn't a bad seat in the house, but depending on where you like to sit I'd purchase online.

If you can get the tickets from someone, or use your media credentials, then do that. Like I said, there isn't a bad seat in the house.

Where to sit?
I like to sit or stand (on the GA side @ fence) as close to the tree as possible, but I do watch the action from various other spots as well.

Agree with Naz - not a bad spot anywhere on the grounds. Because I sometimes bring my little ones I prefer reserved seating so I have a place guaranteed when they get tired, but if I went alone I'd freewheel it like Naz does. The pits are layed out extremely well there too... Hopefully I'll get to meet some of you Maters there this year... if my schedule allows.

Don't listen to Vince, you'll be sorry......:p Actually of you buy a weekend pass (3 day) you'll save $$$. The thing I like about Vegas is your Very close to the track! And the fact that they have an all Concrete Grandstand, the Noise gets trapped, therefore it turns your ass into a Blender! I sit in Sec B on the Isle, it's about even with the tree. Vegas is by far ny Favorite race on the West coast!

I'm like Vince...I like to get over on the other side of the track as close to the starting line as I can. In Vegas you can get about 50 feet from the start line and I love it when the nitro cars launch! I try to get over there for qualifying, but I love to get at about half track for eliminations. I go to Vegas every year and I usually just get my ticks at the gate. But you can go with getting them in advance...it will be one less thing you have to do.
Have a great time, I know I will!

Kris, we`ve been to every Natl. event at the Strip since it opened (except the two this year) and buying the 3 day Reserved is definitely the best way to go imo. We`re usually Sec. C, just past the tree and right at one of the granstand entrances. Gen. Ad on the opposite side is good too, but it can get hot over on that side on Sat and Sun. Sorry we won`t see you there, but Ennis and Pomona are our last two races for the year.

Last edited:
I personally like the reserved seating on the pit side of the track. I have the same area I sit in every race: Section D, row 2, seat 17, but I have moved around and seen the vantage points in other areas and they were all pretty good too.
When I buy my tickets, I usually just call the Speedway and pay for the tickets over the phone, and pick them up at Will Call. 702.644.4444 is the # for LVMS. I generally don't use the phone to buy anything anymore, just use the internet, but I think I get good service and I don't think there's much of a service charge since I pick them up instead of having them mailed.

Wowza! Thanks for all the information, folks. I feel like an ass doing it, but I'm going to ask the one connection I know for tickets. I can't bring myself to request media credentials knowing it's unlikely I'll actually do any work.
If my connection doesn't have tickets, I think I will buy them over the phone. I am going to get a three-day pass for myself. My husband has other things he wants to do while in town, but he is interested in attending the finals, so I'll get him a ticket for Sunday.

I will definitely check out the area near the starting line during qualifying. But, I do tend to like watching the race from about half-track at Pacific Raceways, sooo...but since it sounds like there's no such thing as a bad seat, I won't worry too much.

I can not wait. I am so glad my car is paid off and I have extra money for the trip. I wanted to go to Vegas 1, but I was only four weeks past back surgery (micro discectomy plus laminotomy ... herniatied disc) by the time the event came along and I knew that just wasn't going to work.

It will be easier for me to only have to worry about taking my husband on Sunday. I love my friends, but taking them to NW Nat's stressed me out. This will really be my first opportunity to wander around the pits as I please and get photos and be a race fan. Yay!

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back