get 'inside' racing....jon asher's post (1 Viewer)

mick

Nitro Member
please correct me if i'm wrong, but i swear mr. asher started a post
earlier this evening discussing the negative aspects of posting
anonymous and potentially unsubstantiated information in the
"dirt on strip" section of the mater.
he offered very thought out suggestions for us maters to consider
regarding this topic.
it is disappointing that his thread seems to have been removed. :mad:

I think there is enough unsubstantiated BS floating around various sites that the Dirt on the Strip section isn't necessarily a good idea. JMO.

People can't post at will to a forum so everyone can see. There is a submission box for people who would like to share stories or rumors that happen at the track. Not all submission get posted. Ones that we feel might have some truth to it probably will get posted. No one is forcing you to look at this forum.

I do find it interesting that comp+ has this same section on there site. I don't see people up in arms about that. Bobby posts links to his rumor section here on the mater all the time. Now that we have a similar area they feel threaten? Especially when the beef comes from a comp+ employee. I don't see comp+ posting there sources in there rumor section. If they did they wouldn't get any stories because no one would talk to them.

There is a lot of stuff that happens at the track that the average fan doesn't get to hear. Were just offering a way for the fans to get the scoop. Nothing different then comp + is doing. Except there getting paid for it. Nitromater is a site for Fans to come and discuss what is happening in drag racing. Rumors are a part of racing. Some are true and some don't hold water. But in the end, a rumor is a rumor until proven other wise.

Shannon

Jon Asher was right and carries alot more credibility than almost anyone else here. In fact, Asher would be the absolute best source for this dirt you're looking to have posted here, but he says no.

What you're going to see now are reports from drunken camera toting fans that talk amongst themselves in the stands and convince each other of their random thoughts.

More of the "I talked with the clutch guy from 'fill in the blank' team at Dunkin' Donuts and he said________" The fact is these guys are the last to know anything! They're too busy WORKING!

People can't post at will to a forum so everyone can see. There is a submission box for people who would like to share stories or rumors that happen at the track. Not all submission get posted. Ones that we feel might have some truth to it probably will get posted. No one is forcing you to look at this forum.

I do find it interesting that comp+ has this same section on there site. I don't see people up in arms about that. Bobby posts links to his rumor section here on the mater all the time. Now that we have a similar area they feel threaten? Especially when the beef comes from a comp+ employee. I don't see comp+ posting there sources in there rumor section. If they did they wouldn't get any stories because no one would talk to them.

There is a lot of stuff that happens at the track that the average fan doesn't get to hear. Were just offering a way for the fans to get the scoop. Nothing different then comp + is doing. Except there getting paid for it. Nitromater is a site for Fans to come and discuss what is happening in drag racing. Rumors are a part of racing. Some are true and some don't hold water. But in the end, a rumor is a rumor until proven other wise.

Shannon

I don't read the Comp Plus forum because I find a lot of it to be crap. I really like their main website, however. As far as their Rumors section, I trust that far more than any Joe Blow who can post whatever they think they heard in an intoxicated stupor. I just think that BS fosters and compounds more BS. Once again, JMO. I don't have to read it.

Jon Asher was right and carries alot more credibility than almost anyone else here. In fact, Asher would be the absolute best source for this dirt you're looking to have posted here, but he says no.

What you're going to see now are reports from drunken camera toting fans that talk amongst themselves in the stands and convince each other of their random thoughts.

But Bill in his own article, 2 days before he mentioned the VERY SAME Concept Drag Racing Internet Magazine - Competition Plus.com - INDY 2008 - OH, BABY! THERE'S NOTHING LIKE THE U.S. NATIONALS!

That is not the concept nor the intent of this section, it is to forward pertinent information that comes from un-named sources, facts from teams/tuners/jockeys and fry cooks, and those close that may have a spark of something that is worthy of knowing

I don't read the Comp Plus forum because I find a lot of it to be crap. I really like their main website, however. As far as their Rumors section, I trust that far more than any Joe Blow who can post whatever they think they heard in an intoxicated stupor. I just think that BS fosters and compounds more BS. Once again, JMO. I don't have to read it.

Dave,
I think the forum at Comp + is the same as the Mater, Fans Crew and those involved, Same as here.

But, Where I do think it differes, is that a rumour is a rumour is a rumour, and if it comes from Bobbie, Darr or Another source, if the sources are the same, one is a drunken camera toting fan if posted here or credible if posted elsewhere?? I just dont get that logic

I like the fact that real names are used here. I'm also not a big fan of rumors and speculation. That's all. I also didn't say the words "drunken camera toting fan". Those were Mr. Sweeney's words. I was simply agreeing with him. I didn't mean to imply that everyone who would post is intoxicated. That is simply ridiculous. It was being used as an example. I am now off of this topic. Like I said before. It's my opinion and I choose what I want to read.

Last edited:
"drunken camera toting fan"

Hey, I resemble that remark!

Rumors are double edged, when you are right you are king...when you are wrong they remember it forever. A rumor might be right at the time...but factors sometime change. A rumors section is a fun addition to the site - and at last check, message boards are used for speculation and discussion by fans.

Hey, I resemble that remark!

Rumors are double edged, when you are right you are king...when you are wrong they remember it forever. A rumor might be right at the time...but factors sometime change. A rumors section is a fun addition to the site - and at last check, message boards are used for speculation and discussion by fans.

Hey John, I've been that guy too. A couple of times more than I care to admit. :D

Oh yeah, message boards are the work of the devil and will ultimately cause the downfall of society. :eek:

More of the "I talked with the clutch guy from 'fill in the blank' team at Dunkin' Donuts and he said________" The fact is these guys are the last to know anything! They're too busy WORKING!

Everything I've heard from Jon Asher has come true, and there are some things he's told me to keep off the record which I do! As for Drunken Camera Toting fans.......I think Bill like many other racers think those of us in the stands are complete Idiots! That unless you are out there competing then we're just sickophants who do nothing but buy souveniors and other trinkets.

If anyone's shooting themselves in the foot in this sport, it's racers who do nothing but criticize the very people who support it and keep it going. But then again a lot of racers have NO problems racing in front of Nobody either!

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back