Gators TV (1 Viewer)

jimbo

Nitro Member
What did everyone think of the Gators Sunday TV coverage? I like the 2 hour time frame with the highlights only from round 1. But it does cut down on the interviews that we are able to see. They are important and sometimes my favorite part of the show. I wonder if this was an experiment or was because of time restaint on ESPN2. Or maybe NHRA IS trying to make a better TV presentation. I would like to see it done some more to see if it really works better. What do you Think?

I tivoed (sp) the show, happened to see the final on a tv while my kids were swimming at our health club, so I can't comment on the whole show yet. But, as a diehard who typically can't get enough of the sport, I have felt that 3 hours was just way too long to watch, especially with all the commercials.

i liked the 3hrs shows better.. more racing to be seen..... but it seemed to me the actual racing coverage was better for the two hour version...saw more of the races.. why can't that happen in the 3hrs version.....lol

Billy

2 hrs isnt enough,didnt even show all of the 1st round in any category,but they had time to show the ladies and gentleman deal 4 times and the highlights from the previous rounds,lol.

I prefer the three hour telecasts, they had to rush through the first round and as a result we ended up not seeing most of the Funny Car first round. I'm not complaining because it's hard to get any kind of airtime on the first weekend of the NCAA Tournament so I guess we just have to take what we can get.

Very glad to see the part where they introduce the crew(in this case the Lucas car).

Also enjoyed the cam in the stands.

PP was a bit more tolerable, but he still gets excited/dead pan at the wrong moments. Mike D got aggressive and took the innitiative which was great.

Overall it was pretty good production.

They should have cut out the bikes, and shown more first round coverage of the categories we care about! :D

They should have cut out the bikes, and shown more first round coverage of the categories we care about! :D

I haven't seen it yet (Thursday's the day that the "Toronto Sports Network" shows it up here) but I'd probably agree about cutting the bikes. Why not show Pro Mod - it was an absolutely historic race with umpteen 5-second passes, ET and speed records falling like dominoes, and they're exciting cars to watch? Oh yeah, that's right, according to NHRA they're just an "exhibition" class - a novelty like the nostalgia cars or wheelstanders...

At least there's real racing in this "exhibition" class and no whining about the tree/lights/whatever not being right...

What did everyone think of the Gators Sunday TV coverage? I like the 2 hour time frame with the highlights only from round 1. But it does cut down on the interviews that we are able to see. They are important and sometimes my favorite part of the show. I wonder if this was an experiment or was because of time restaint on ESPN2. Or maybe NHRA IS trying to make a better TV presentation. I would like to see it done some more to see if it really works better. What do you Think?
I always TIVO the races and I thought the editing was terrible but will wait for a few shows to air before a final review. I agree with others that omitting some of the rounds for frilly stuff was a waste of time. Not sure what they are trying to accomplish. Will they satisfy the racers and viewers or are they trying to orient new viewers into the sport? Or will they fail to do either?

I prefer the three hour programs as well. I seem to recall that the Gatornationals broadcast last year was also two hours. Must have something to do with the amount of programming that ESPN 2 has scheduled for this time of year. But I am glad that most if not all of the remaining broadcasts of eliminations will be three hours.

I would prefer more than the 2 hrs..by inserting Pro Mod..and still leave the bikes. Karen's win was awesome.

And I thought Paul Page did better as well!!

Personally, I prefer the 3 hour shows...lame ass interviews and all.

I'm with Chris...3 hours is better..I wanna see it all. Unless there's something more exciting on to over run the broadcast like the National Spelling Bee, World Poker championships..Bass Masters championships that ESPN2 so loves to run and preempt Dragracing for <note: Sarcasm> . Although I guess I can't complain...with all the March Madness Basketball stuff happening..it could have been worse.

T

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back