Gators Pro Stock (1 Viewer)

Sean D, shondoo

Nitro Member
Virtually the entire qualified field is in the .50's, led by Edwards' .53. So which is it; the wicker had virtually no effect on the cars or Edwards would have been in the .40's?! LMAO!!!

Just kiddin'. But seriously, what were the conditions down there? Were they condusive to these kinds of numbers or would/should they have been better without the new wicker?

Sean D

Virtually the entire qualified field is in the .50's, led by Edwards' .53. So which is it; the wicker had virtually no effect on the cars or Edwards would have been in the .40's?! LMAO!!!

Just kiddin'. But seriously, what were the conditions down there? Were they condusive to these kinds of numbers or would/should they have been better without the new wicker?

Sean D

As I mentioned in an other post:

"And with never ending perseverance, most, if not all of the Teams will lower the ET and increase the MPH as history has proven no matter what the change."

Don't seemed to have hurt the MPH too much either with the majority of the first round winners over 211.

See what happens when you're not paying attention

from DRO:

First time Pro Stock competitor Bob Yonke went to the finals of the delayed Pro Stock finals from Phoenix. I believe that is a historical first. However he got to the final thanks to a win in the semifinals over his engine suppler, Greg Stanfield. So here is my question. ESPN showed the race to the stripe between the two competitors in ultra slow-motion and Stanfield was clearly leading Yonke right up to the stripe when veteran driver Stanfield deployed the chutes before he got to the finish line, allowing Yonke to cross the line first by .0007 of a second. Paul Page raved about Yonke’s holeshot win yet neither Page nor Mike Dunn bothered to mention what looked to be a “dive” at all. If that had be John and Ashley Force or the Pedregon Bros or even a couple of DSR cars you can bet there would have been a stink but in this Pro Stock case nothing. The silence was deafening

See what happens when you're not paying attention

from DRO:

First time Pro Stock competitor Bob Yonke went to the finals of the delayed Pro Stock finals from Phoenix. I believe that is a historical first. However he got to the final thanks to a win in the semifinals over his engine suppler, Greg Stanfield. So here is my question. ESPN showed the race to the stripe between the two competitors in ultra slow-motion and Stanfield was clearly leading Yonke right up to the stripe when veteran driver Stanfield deployed the chutes before he got to the finish line, allowing Yonke to cross the line first by .0007 of a second. Paul Page raved about Yonke’s holeshot win yet neither Page nor Mike Dunn bothered to mention what looked to be a “dive” at all. If that had be John and Ashley Force or the Pedregon Bros or even a couple of DSR cars you can bet there would have been a stink but in this Pro Stock case nothing. The silence was deafening

Why would you, as the engine supplier, take a dive for your customer? I could see if this was like the Jim Yates/Billy Huff deal back in the 90s... (or anyone else who had Maskin power at the time) when everyone slowed down for Jim. It doesn't add up, and if you actually follow the class all drivers try to have the parachutes atleast launching off the back of the car by the time they get to the stripe to "drive into" them.. perhaps Greg pulling the lever or pushing the button .001 seconds to early cost him. Driver error? If you would even call it that since that's standard practice but in this case, yes. Taking a dive? No way.

A dive by .0007....................................................Ok. :rolleyes:

Sean D

You'd have to be an incredible judge of time to dive by that amount....

If Greg's time management skills are that sharp, I'd suggest he move to high dollar bracket racing...he'll make a killing there! ;)

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back