Gators 2008 (1 Viewer)

Bobby

Nitro Member
Where to start.

Dunkin Donuts at the drag strip? Say no more squire, say n' more, say n' more, say no MORE.

I saw someone walk by Friday morning with with DD cup in hand. I 'm like WHAT. That's a cool deal. Great looking car, Diana Harker is a sweetheart and a great driver.Spent 10 minutes at least gabbing with me and a friend standing in the rain friday. I hope that turns into a long term deal.

I can see it now. Starbucks vs. DD in the top fuel final one day.

Sat in the spectator side stands, the new ones. Dont' sit in section DD up high , as in , higher than row 20. Because the flags on top of the old spectator grandstand will block your view down the track. I think it's great having that stand there, I really like it. But those flags gotta go.

Angelle's new look . Wow. I mean ,you know she's gorgeous. She really adopted a look that matches the attitude of her new sponsor. I bought both 10 dollar posters. Very cool. I hope the bikes performance picks up . I 'm sure it will.

The 'mater meeting at Max Naylor's hospitality area. Dare we call him 'mad max'? That was really a nice treat.

That 250 dollar a day suite down at the top end? Don't bother. You can't see the starting line from the rooftop of that suite. We got in for 25 bucks late in the day just to check it out. If I'd spent 250 bucks for that I 'd have been livid.

Snake's U.S tobacco exhibit. The girls are always nice and the movie he has in there is great. I did miss the sit down race game. They had a joy stick type thing this year. Not as realistic.

Got two more bottles of Cruz' Nitro hot sauce . one signed to save , one to use. I love that stuff.

The new tower is really impressive. It looks very professional especially on TV. Nice image for the sport those kind of things.

And the NAPA ad with Ron Capps? Holy crap I laughed so hard. Went to work and actually told that joke Monday. Yes there are people that hadn't heard it. I hadn't . Can you believe that?

Well with all the benadryl I 've been on lately I 'd probably laugh at anything.

It's a great ad though.

Well, till next year. .....I can't really describe how much I look forward to this race. Now if the next race could come without me getting a year older that would be good!

Thanks to NHRA and all who make this sport happen. It's a blast.

Do you mean these flags Bob ?
They were new this year and we were planing to request removal before next year.
DSC_0204.jpg

those are the ones. On saturday with the wind at 30mph they were all out straight and really annoying.
To whom does one make this request.....

and the great flying Rheinhart performs his death-defying balancing act on the 4 foot high beam.....

I was out at lunch today getting some wings and saw a guy with an 'under the gun' race team hat on. I mentioned it to him, he told me he'd drawn a picture of the under the gun car and gave it to Michael. He said Michael gave him the signed hat in return after asking him what he owed him for it. The guy told me he said 'nothing!' I just wanted to do it. Wish I 'd seen what he drew. Nice guy. Nice experience for him with Michael too. Of course. Nhra rocks.

really sucking up to the dunkin donuts team with that fivebucks coffee shirt there Kurt....lol

for the record. the DD coffees were 1.50 at the track. worth every penny.

really sucking up to the dunkin donuts team with that fivebucks coffee shirt there Kurt....lol

for the record. the DD coffees were 1.50 at the track. worth every penny.

Gee, those are great pics Bob. Who'd ya say took them? And YES, it would be cool to see the coffee wars happen. Dunkin Donuts vs. Starbucks or whoever wants to challenge them. Ditto on the DD coffee at the track. It tasted better there than the local store around the corner from my house. Of course everything tastes better at the Gators!! ;)

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back