Gas Monkey Top Fuel ? (1 Viewer)

As Stated before John Smith is Tuning the car and will be doing another that I will also be involved with. here is the official press release from back in July .........http://www.competitionplus.com/drag...-chief-john-smith-completes-kinsley-s-license

Per the article, "Driver Kebin Kinsley, veteran of the NHRA Division 4 Alcohol Funny Car ranks and drag boat racing, secured his final run requirement with a 3.69 at 305 mph quarter mile pass under the lights at Tulsa Raceway Park, a track mph record."

All I can say is, move over Antron, there's a new sheriff in town and he ran a lower ET than the world record at 1000'.....even better, he ran it in the 1/4 mile!!!

You have to love the typo checking at Comp Plus :eek:

As Stated before John Smith is Tuning the car and will be doing another that I will also be involved with. here is the official press release from back in July .........http://www.competitionplus.com/drag...-chief-john-smith-completes-kinsley-s-license

That's great who doesn't like the Smith / Hartman clan . I've known Kebin and watched him drive Boats , F/C and wild azzed Out Law Fuel Altereds and he knows how to go Fast and Loud .
There ain't no doubt Richard Rawlings is a Car Guy and he is in a good position to promote the sport . I'm hoping they have success and maybe field a whole Gas Monkey Garage full of cars .
Meantime I just received pics of my New Lift being unloaded at my new shop and I'm a happy camper .

That's great who doesn't like the Smith / Hartman clan . I've known Kebin and watched him drive Boats , F/C and wild azzed Out Law Fuel Altereds and he knows how to go Fast and Loud .
There ain't no doubt Richard Rawlings is a Car Guy and he is in a good position to promote the sport . I'm hoping they have success and maybe field a whole Gas Monkey Garage full of cars .
Meantime I just received pics of my New Lift being unloaded at my new shop and I'm a happy camper .

Once he finds out that the Gas Monkey top fuel car burns money, not nitro, Richard Rawlings will be a short-timer in the NHRA. The big bank roll he is always flashing around will stay stuck deep in his pocket. He doesn't strike me as a man that will burn-up the Benjamins to fuel his ego, he gets enough attention (and presumably income) from the TV show and bar/restaurant].

It's a great looking car, hopefully there is a good TV tie-in and even if Gas Monkey doesn't stick around, we can hope it will lead to bigger and better things for the team. Kebin is well thought of and new blood is good.

Hey not every deal is long term, better that they do a one race deal than a no-race deal, right? And we need new blood in the pro ranks, there's nothing bad about this. And who knows, maybe it becomes more than a one-race deal. B-to-B networking is a big way to take advantage of participating in an NHRA event, maybe Gas Monkey gets a couple new car builds out of it, or new connections, and boom, it's worth it. Also, I'll bet the TV show picks up some new viewers, and drag racing gets some new fans from the Gas Monkey followers. It wouldn't be a bad arena for Rawlings' buddy with the Jeep company to jump into either.

I really don't think that Richard and the people funding this don't have the understanding of what this costs, I hope they get ROI that they are looking for and can continue on

i'd be willing to bet that Discovery Channel is the backing and pushing the Gas Monkey show .. if the car is on tv then it's no different from putting a Gas Monkey commercial on tv..

Richard Rawlings was a firefighter, paramedic, police officer, owner and operator of his own printing and advertising company. He sold the printing/advertising company, opened GMG, and the GM bar, and grill. His net worth in 2013 was $10 million, so far in 2014 his net worth is $15 million dollars. I'm pretty sure he looked into the funding it takes, he had from Denver of this year to now.

Their pits were packed today with fans, and their hospitality area was over flowing. Definitely a successful weekend for them regardless of what they did on the track. My wife and I planned to eat at the GM Bar and grill last night, but when we got there, there was a band playing, a line out the front door, and no parking for several blocks. Those guys aren't hurting to keep that place opened.

Head Monkey RR has millions, quibbles over hundreds and freaks when he loses any $$$ on an auction.....perfect fit for nitro racing....:confused:

BTW the new Direct TV commercial....who does Super Creepy Rob Lowe remind you of?

I think they nailed it!

RR may have a lawsuit here:D

Last edited:
They blew up engine big time and killing engines and not qualifying will burn through the big cash fast!!

I think this turns into a few races here and there and then dragster hang in rafters at the restaurant !

Wondering if driver or owner are friends or connected to Rawlings, why would he go with a rookie in top fuel (no disrespect to driver or owner)

But guys like Dixon and Cory Mac sitting home with tons of experience

They blew up engine big time and killing engines and not qualifying will burn through the big cash fast!!

I think this turns into a few races here and there and then dragster hang in rafters at the restaurant !

Wondering if driver or owner are friends or connected to Rawlings, why would he go with a rookie in top fuel (no disrespect to driver or owner)

But guys like Dixon and Cory Mac sitting home with tons of experience

With all due respect you don't know what the hell you are talking about as far as Kebin"s driving abilities go

Sean

Love for you to show me where Kebin's "driving abilities" were even mentioned !

Your reading into the post what is NOT there

Instead of calling people out and starting arguments, maybe post a link with the guy's bio like this:
http://www.dragzine.com/news/kebin-kinsley-to-pilot-new-hennen-motorsports-top-fueler/

I didn't know who the **** he was either, but one google search and now I do. Hel...heck even the first paragraph has enough info that makes me wanna root for him!

now if he hadn't built the car himself I could see going with a big name driver that's needing a ride.....

Instead of calling people out and starting arguments, maybe post a link with the guy's bio like this:
http://www.dragzine.com/news/kebin-kinsley-to-pilot-new-hennen-motorsports-top-fueler/

I didn't know who the **** he was either, but one google search and now I do. Hel...heck even the first paragraph has enough info that makes me wanna root for him!

now if he hadn't built the car himself I could see going with a big name driver that's needing a ride.....

Thanks Bob for the link, didn't know he built the car makes sense he would drive it of course

My original post meant no disrespect I assure you. My comment only questions Mr Rawlings ability or desire to spend the level of money it will take to run at this level that's all

If anyone misunderstood my post I apologize, new to the forum and not trying to start off rockin the boat :)

I wish Kebin luck

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back