Gas Monkey Top Fuel ? (1 Viewer)

Larry

Nitro Member
Looks like Richard Rawlins of Discovery Channels Fast And Loud Is Living up to the billing and getting Faster And Louder ! LOL
Could be out as soon as September at the Nationals at Ennis but certainly in Oct .
I've been watching Driver Kebin Kingsly for years as a Drag Boat Driver Alcohol Funny car driver and Lately tearing up the old Pro's in the Outlaw Fuel Altered Cars .
Whatever Kebin steps in goes fast that's what he does . I have watched him thrash on his Funny Car and he is not just a seat guy he has gear oil and NITRO in his veins .
I MO this could be a potent combination I just wonder who the tuner is going to be . There are a couple guys from around D/FW that are not strangers to Top Fuel . Maybe B A or W D .
Man all I can say is Texas is back in the hunt !!!!

http://www.dragracingonline.com/agent1320/2014/1320-xvi_8-10.html

5d2f1fa6bf34cee022daf046a7142b31.jpg

John Smith and Rhonda Hartman will be doing the tuning

Rhonda? Last I heard she was a real estate agent in South Carolina, not really involved in the sport anymore. Bodie still does quite a bit of tuning though.

(not that I don't think she could do it if she set her mind to it, I just thought she had moved on)

PS This is probably a 1 or 2 race deal with a TV show tie-in. Not a bad thing as far as exposure goes, but let's not think there is a new fully funded team hitting the tour. Rawlings can barely afford his restaurant, there is no way he can afford to run a Top Fueler for very long.

Last edited:
"Fast and Loud" is in my top 5 favorite automotive t.v. shows. I watch the latest show and am totally sick of the re-runs...

Oh boy. Anyone watch the last chopper build off on tv a couple of years back? It was before anyone had heard of Gas Monkey. it was them vs. Jesse James vs. Paul Jr. Well Jesse was being a royal d**k about things-blowing of the deadlines and such. Well Richard mouthed off about Jesse getting 2 weeks extra to build his bike (bikes were supposed to be done 2 weeks prior the live tv vote announcement.) Jesse got right in Richards face-looked ready to pop him. Richard put his tail between his legs BIGTIME. "No--iittts ooookkk. Youou do what you neeed."
Wonder if any of this will show up in the staging lanes. :rolleyes:

Darn I completely forgot about Steve and Billy Torrance out of Kilgore Tx . They are very nice folks and definitely players for keeps .
I remember back in the sixties and seventies Texas had a lot of Fuel Teams .
I'm all for more teams and folks willing to get evolved in the sport .
I think they will have a lot of fun . I'm going to get some lunch in the diner next trip to Dallas .

Rhonda? Last I heard she was a real estate agent in South Carolina, not really involved in the sport anymore. Bodie still does quite a bit of tuning though.

(not that I don't think she could do it if she set her mind to it, I just thought she had moved on)

FYI it is not the only car they will be involved with they were just in CA a few weeks ago lining out another TFD

Rules are rules and they should not be stretched to accommodate anyone . Rawlings Restaurant did so well they immediately outgrew it and are opening a 38,000 Sq. ft music venue across the street with a huge parking lot . Among festivities will be classic and muscle care cruses and of course car shows .
D/ FW is and always has been crazy about cars of all kinds .
I doubt he is going broke and I see opportunities galore to find sponsorship to do all kinds of things .
I wonder how much Sue would charge me to do the interior of my 55 Chevy . I need it cheap and yesterday !

I haven't heard anything about a Tuner but Kebin the driver is one of the best around . Might be like the Wilkerson and Zippie driver tuner deal .
Why not I say it's all good .

Oh boy. Anyone watch the last chopper build off on tv a couple of years back? It was before anyone had heard of Gas Monkey. it was them vs. Jesse James vs. Paul Jr. Well Jesse was being a royal d**k about things-blowing of the deadlines and such. Well Richard mouthed off about Jesse getting 2 weeks extra to build his bike (bikes were supposed to be done 2 weeks prior the live tv vote announcement.) Jesse got right in Richards face-looked ready to pop him. Richard put his tail between his legs BIGTIME. "No--iittts ooookkk. Youou do what you neeed."
Wonder if any of this will show up in the staging lanes. :rolleyes:

Don't know Richard, but Ive seen a side of JJ that you never saw on his shows. What a classless Prick, how this guy was able to build a successful business is beyond me!

Don't know Richard, but Ive seen a side of JJ that you never saw on his shows. What a classless Prick, how this guy was able to build a successful business is beyond me!
Maybe so, but have you ever seen any of the motorcycles that they did at West Coast Choppers? Flawless. He was the Boyd Coddington of the bike builders.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back