Gainesville P/S entries, 25 cars (1 Viewer)

Thanks for the reply,

I was asking because the "NHRA National Event Entry Status"-page at NHRA National Event Entry Statistics shows a column for "Quota".

For P/S it's 24. What's up with that, say we get 30 cars entered for an event with a quota of 24, will they all get a shot at qualifying, no matter the quota-number?

Regards
PiPPi
http://HarleyDrags.com

I've never seen anyone refused a shot a qualifying due to a quota. I have no idea what this whole quota is about.

I can remember when there were 60!

Back in the day a Pro Stock car was little more than a production vehicle that was heavily modified. I had a friend with a Pro Stock Camaro...that he'd previously driven on the street. It was much easier and far less expensive back then. I remember seeing 20-30 Pro Stockers at AHRA National Opens. Those were regional races, not national events. It was within reach for most of us to field a Pro Stock entry back then.

They ran 8's back then, Much cheaper class then!

i can remember when i my home track e-town had close to 40 for ps in the 98-01 events then again they were going only 6.7-6.9's. It seems like the cost to race pro stock skyrocketed in just the last few seasons.

i can remember when i my home track e-town had close to 40 for ps in the 98-01 events then again they were going only 6.7-6.9's. It seems like the cost to race pro stock skyrocketed in just the last few seasons.

and those were the days where there was no qualifying order, if you were the 1 or 2 qualifiers you can run anywhere in the pack. Made it more fun for the fields because you'd have some of those not in at the tail end of the pack to get in the show.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back