Gaige’s streak has ended (2 Viewers)

IMO paul making it to final was a huge win for him, jonnie, john, and team.
not sure what to make of PSB. losing riders left and right with short fields is not good, unless the class gets to 4 teams with 2 riders each, and
they run the same 8 bikes over and over, which wouldn't necessarily be a bad thing, as long as everyone had access to identical parts.
Yup. You said it yourself right here. Someone being overly dominant in a class is not really good for the class where there is almost no room for innovation. What can the other teams do these days except throw money at trying to run better, which is money they don’t have? All the professional classes would benefit from incentives to field different combinations, including weight breaks, etc. I know that statement is like throwing an incendiary device into the middle of a crowded room. Let’s get some excitement back into this stuff.

How about a double overhead cam turbo-charged top fuel? I know different combinations have been tried in the past, but the specs/rules don’t have to be static or universal. Seems like Pro stock motorcycle is kind of an experiment for this concept, but somehow it still got out of hand. Time to adjust rules. Now, pro stock car is horrific and nearly unwatchable. Love the competition on an individual driver level, but where is the innovation? Where is the incentive?

Preaching to the choir, I know….

I have noticed over the years that I pull for someone when they are coming up until they start winning too much. Then I pull for whoever is in the other lane. Finally, when they fall off, I start pulling for them again 🤷‍♂️

The other thing I have noticed is that if they leave the rules alone long enough, lots more people are able to run really well. Rule changes always hurt the smaller and lower financed teams .....................

1722595896607.jpeg

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back